White Helmets

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
The decals were hard to see on the helmets. Otherwise, no complaints with how today's combination turned out.

tolstoy

Aug 17, 2016
What I liked about this combo was how the simple two tone scheme looked soo sharp. My take away from that is that we need a gold helmet and gold pants. The same look as today, but with cardinal and gold instead of black and white. Gold helmet, cardinal logo, cardinal face mask, cardinal jersey with gold accents, gold pants. That would look just as sharp, but be in school colors.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I kept having to remind myself that the team in black and white making a big play was a good thing.

Would a little Cardinal tracery on the logo be such a difficult thing? Black and white was bland.

Am I seeing this rigjt? Looks like tOSU is wearing black—and had the sense to include their primary school color with it.

I would love to see black uni’s with red and gold. But, a large percentage of our fans would lose their minds.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Bunch of old white farts in this thread. Recruits love it and that will only help this program going forward.
Why would a recruit like a generic non-branded uniform that you cannot tell which team is wearing it? Sorry, but it was hard to tell which team was Iowa State today. To someone scanning on TV, they would have no idea with nothing to catch the eye saying: "Hey let's stop on the Iowa State Game!" Iowa State should wear Cardinal and Gold.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
What I liked about this combo was how the simple two tone scheme looked soo sharp. My take away from that is that we need a gold helmet and gold pants. The same look as today, but with cardinal and gold instead of black and white. Gold helmet, cardinal logo, cardinal face mask, cardinal jersey with gold accents, gold pants. That would look just as sharp, but be in school colors.
I've been begging for this for a few years now.