HAUNTED FOREST AREA

blood94

May 10, 2010
I bring my motorhome down friday nights since i live a few hours away always use the haunted forest. has anyone been by there today? will there be any way that the area will be useable for friday night. i would appreciate any info someone can give me . i have tickets and will be at the game i just need to know wether it will be friday night or saturday drive thanks

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I live in north Ames and was just in my back yard and the ground is really soft. More rain today and not a lot of drying weather the next couple of days. I can update you tomorrow as I drive by there on South 4th pretty regularly?

Current Radar doesn't look great either as this is moving NE.

upload_2019-10-2_11-30-17.png

blood94

May 10, 2010
I live in north Ames and was just in my back yard and the ground is really soft. More rain today and not a lot of drying weather the next couple of days. I can update you tomorrow as I drive by there on South 4th pretty regularly?

Current Radar doesn't look great either as this is moving NE.

View attachment 67261
thank you that info would be very helpful

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just drove by there and took these. Sign says open at 5 am on Saturday. With rain forecasted for Saturday, I probably would not want to bring an RV into the Forest. Standing water in a lot of places in there also. Looks like a construction zone there with all the dirt/rock,mulch they have scraped around. The pictures don't really give the best look at how muddy it really is. Hope this helps. forest1.JPG forest2.JPG

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Just drove by there and took these. Sign says open at 5 am on Saturday. With rain forecasted for Saturday, I probably would not want to bring an RV into the Forest. Standing water in a lot of places in there also. Looks like a construction zone there with all the dirt/rock,mulch they have scraped around. The pictures don't really give the best look at how muddy it really is. Hope this helps. View attachment 67309 View attachment 67310
RVs go in, but they don't come out.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm sure grass lots will be open. Just make sure you have a winch with you.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Yeah, I drove by there today. It's incredibly wet (like in the photos), and I believe we have more rain forecast for Saturday. I wouldn't feel too confident about getting back out!

blood94

May 10, 2010
Just drove by there and took these. Sign says open at 5 am on Saturday. With rain forecasted for Saturday, I probably would not want to bring an RV into the Forest. Standing water in a lot of places in there also. Looks like a construction zone there with all the dirt/rock,mulch they have scraped around. The pictures don't really give the best look at how muddy it really is. Hope this helps. View attachment 67309 View attachment 67310
thank you very much for the photos yeap not even going to try that i almost got stuck with the iowa game so i guess it will be a early morning drive to get to the stadium thanks again

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron