Better Team?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
So many people say ISU was a better team than both Iowa and Baylor. Even TE Chase Allen said, ““From my perspective, we haven’t lost to a better team yet,”

I’m puzzled how anyone can say ISU is the better team when they lose? And they lose by either not performing well or making critical mistakes.

This team may have a lot of potential, but it’s only showing up in the field in spurts. The lack of consistency is what makes this team average at best.

ISUENGR

May 15, 2010
Ames, IA
I wouldn’t get too excited yet. Keep in mind they just played a high intensity game for four hours where the field temperature was 145 degree F. This team has a lot of character and resolve. It’s all good.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
We used to make fun of Aaron White around here for making that comment, and now our football team has stooped to that level.

We had the opportunity to win both games and be 4-0, but we lack execution, especially at critical points in the game.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
The quote shouldn't have been said by a player. I see what he is trying to say, but it's not a good look. Scoreboard is the all important factor. The mistakes during crucial times are what contributed to both losses. Tough to say if the Cyclones are truly better than TOE or Baylor. My gut reaction is yes, better than Baylor most days and no, probably not better than TOE.

Alternatively, a crucial fumble recovery by Purdy against UNI saved the game. So it all seems to even out in the end.

It's been a strange start to the year, but we have to remember there's a trend that Campbell's ISU teams have not been good in September and great in October. November there is usually some regression as teams get dinged up throughout the long season. The guys will continue to grow and the Cyclones will finish with 7 or 8 regular season wins. Most on here were definitely hoping for 9 or the elusive 10 win season, but just not there yet. Lots of young talent on both sides of the ball, just haven't put it all together yet (other than against a bad team from Louisiana).

Reactions: HawkInCO
L

LincolnWay187

We have simply not had breaks go our way this year so far, although we are competing. Hopefully we are due for some good Karma coming up.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
So many people say ISU was a better team than both Iowa and Baylor. Even TE Chase Allen said, ““From my perspective, we haven’t lost to a better team yet,”

I’m puzzled how anyone can say ISU is the better team when they lose? And they lose by either not performing well or making critical mistakes.

This team may have a lot of potential, but it’s only showing up in the field in spurts. The lack of consistency is what makes this team average at best.
Most of this is just coaching. I'm not saying they are doing a bad job, I love this staff, but some teams take longer to click than others. Every year is a new year.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
Chase Allen has a lot of confidence in this team and I’m sure he believes that comment. I like that in a competitor. He is wrong though - gotta do the fundamentals right too. And we haven’t, consistently.

• Agree
Reactions: weR138

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We might have better overall talent, but we don't have a very good OL, terrible special teams, and we are mentally weak.... so that evens things up.

As CMC always says all the time.... games are won in the margins and the details. And we're absolutely terrible in those areas even though CMC preaches it all the time.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones423

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Dumb thing to say but I’m not going to get an internet boner over trying to make some salient point about it. It’s fun to make fun of it when it’s Aaron White because he’s not on our team. It’s not really that cool to use it against our own team. Fandom can be a confusing place.

Reactions: LincolnSwinger

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
We might have better overall talent, but we don't have a very good OL, terrible special teams, and we are mentally weak.... so that evens things up.

As CMC always says all the time.... games are won in the margins and the details. And we're absolutely terrible in those areas even though CMC preaches it all the time.

Mentally weak teams don’t come back from being down 20 to take the lead.

• Agree
Reactions: norcalcy

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

You are a freaking moron. I am not insulting you Im simply observing and articulating.