Re Al

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
We are going to take snaps away from a guy who just broke the single game yardage record and scored 6 touchdowns in 3 quarters? Don't see it.
Maybe not. But there won't be a defense in conference that porous. I can see in certain situations putting him out there. Who knows...maybe enough for the opponent to use a time out. He is that good.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
We are going to take snaps away from a guy who just broke the single game yardage record and scored 6 touchdowns in 3 quarters? Don't see it.
Now is the time for Re al? If this is the case, we are starting to sound like ToE fans.:(
I agree with you. The best QB is in the game now. Re al will get his opportunities.

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018
Now is the time for Re al? If this is the case, we are starting to sound like ToE fans.:(
I agree with you. The best QB is in the game now. Re al will get his opportunities.

Obviously nobody’s saying to have Re-al replace Brock but CMC always says he wants to get the best 11 players on the field and I think we saw today he could arguably be one of those 11 in whatever role it might be.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Its going to be really hard to take snaps away from Purdy, who looks like he will end up as one of the best, if not THE best QB in school history.

I just don't see Campbell wanting to take him out much He's the offense's security blanket like Montgomery was last year.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Its going to be really hard to take snaps away from Purdy, who looks like he will end up as one of the best, if not THE best QB in school history.

I just don't see Campbell wanting to take him out much He's the offense's security blanket like Montgomery was last year.
Find a way so you don’t have to.

Purdy is very good QB, but let’s not forget the UNI and Iowa games before we can’t afford giving the defense something to ponder in Mitchell. He’s not the security blanket like DM.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I think Re-al remains the backup and hopefully will get some more late game opportunities this season. I don't see Purdy going pro in 2021, but we will have two Freshmen that year who both look good. Depending on when they get to campus and how they look, I could see Re-al moved to the slot and play WR like Moses did years ago and just give more issues to defenses from there. If Purdy went down, Re-al could still play QB in a pinch if the new guys were not ready.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella

I just don't see Campbell wanting to take him out much
He's the offense's security blanket like Montgomery was last year.

I agree. RM might play WR or play when the game is out of reach. Purdy is too good to play the multiple QB stuff. We needed it in previous years, but we finally have a good QB. Too bad we didn’t see Mitchell throw more today to get a feel for his throwing ability. If he’s good enough and wants to play now he may transfer. Kids only have 4 years of playing college football some don’t like to be the backup.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Find a way so you don’t have to.

Purdy is very good QB, but let’s not forget the UNI and Iowa games before we can’t afford giving the defense something to ponder in Mitchell. He’s not the security blanket like DM.

Show me a team that played 2 QB and was actually successful. Maybe you could make an argument for the 2006 Florida team with Leak/Tebow, but they also had 9 players drafted into the NFL that year and multiple others on that team that would be drafted eventually.

Bottom line-Good teams don't use multiple QBs.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Since Purdy is already a running threat we don’t gain a lot by playing 2 QBs and giving Real snaps that Purdy would otherwise get.

We need to get him the ball and get him on the field in some other capacity.

• Agree
Reactions: GoodyISU1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron