Re Al

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
how do we get this kid on the field for more plays? I get that was not against the top tier team but dang he has a burst of speed. I wish we could use him like we used JJ Moses.
He has skills for sure. I saw him on QB1 TV series and wasn’t impressed w/ his attitude, maybe he’s gotten more team oriented and focused. Would be cool if CMC can use him to abuse some Big 12 defenses.

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018
If he can catch I think he make an outstanding WR. With the ball in open space he looks like a special athlete. I’m sure the staff has probably mulled over it a lot but like him at QB a lot too. He’s just too special an athlete not to have out there more often impacting games

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018
I could see using him the way we used Joel Lanning, different playset maybe.

I feel that would just get too predictable if 80%+ of his snaps were designed QB runs. I could be wrong but I’d like to see them get more creative and use him in multiple spots

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If he can catch I think he make an outstanding WR. With the ball in open space he looks like a special athlete. I’m sure the staff has probably mulled over it a lot but like him at QB a lot too. He’s just too special an athlete not to have out there more often impacting games
Run him in motion like Jones so he’s a run/catch/pass threat.

We’ve got some talent and guys that can exploit miscues, but Mitchell creates mistakes. I don’t think we’re good enough to keep him on the sidelines “Incase”.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Going forward......we will be seeing him more as a different look. Had either of the first two games not been so close the staff would have felt more comfortable trying him out. This blowout was just the tonic to try. It won't be 50/50 split...but I definitely see using him in short yardage or even some red zone.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Going forward......we will be seeing him more as a different look. Had either of the first two games not been so close the staff would have felt more comfortable trying him out. This blowout was just the tonic to try. It won't be 50/50 split...but I definitely see using him in short yardage or even some red zone.

We are going to take snaps away from a guy who just broke the single game yardage record and scored 6 touchdowns in 3 quarters? Don't see it.