Is Purdy Hurt?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He was still better than what you’ll typically see for a sophomore, but his footwork seemed off, resulting in some poor throws and increased pressure.

Still a very good game, just not the playmaker we usually see

Reactions: cyfanatic

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
No idea if he’s hurt, sick or anything. I do believe the goal is to keep Purdy “clean”, and I personally think that’s a mistake.

The play calling can be “vanilla” in week 1, but it can’t boarder on incompetence.

I hope to all things holy we were holding everything back, because if we weren’t, we are going to get housed all year.

To pile on, because that’s what I feel like doing right now, the D was good, but not great. That same D is going to get gashed in the Big12.

A win is a win, right? But there is a **** ton to work on.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
During fall camp one of the coaches said they wanted Purdy to stay in the pocket more and make plays with his arm. I think he overdid it today, and staying in the pocket doesn't mean you can't move around in the pocket. Somebody already mentioned stepping up in the pocket and I agree - too many times he stayed deep and was more pressured than if he stepped up. Got two weeks to work on it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
During fall camp one of the coaches said they wanted Purdy to stay in the pocket more and make plays with his arm. I think he overdid it today, and staying in the pocket doesn't mean you can't move around in the pocket. Somebody already mentioned stepping up in the pocket and I agree - too many times he stayed deep and was more pressured than if he stepped up. Got two weeks to work on it.

It was all so nonchalant from Purdy today.

• Agree
Reactions: coolmooinlou

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
No idea if he’s hurt, sick or anything. I do believe the goal is to keep Purdy “clean”, and I personally think that’s a mistake.

The play calling can be “vanilla” in week 1, but it can’t boarder on incompetence.

I hope to all things holy we were holding everything back, because if we weren’t, we are going to get housed all year.

To pile on, because that’s what I feel like doing right now, the D was good, but not great. That same D is going to get gashed in the Big12.

A win is a win, right? But there is a **** ton to work on.

Seasons over after week one huh?

Again, watching is voluntary. If you’re so convinced the season is over, you can spare yourself all those wasted hours watching, and do productive things.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Seasons over after week one huh?

Again, watching is voluntary. If you’re so convinced the season is over, you can spare yourself all those wasted hours watching, and do productive things.

Ok. I wish there was a way to express my derision as mockingly as I feel as I type this.

Dude...if you watched this game and don’t feel major disappointment and genuine concern, you either 100%, absolutely know we tried to play this way (you explain to me “why”) or we have a REALLY LONG way to go.

Either way, learn to express yourself with contextual conversation or keep being a commercial the rest of your life.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
2 things:

1- As well as a game as Purdy had statistically he looked like a normal pocket QB which is not whaa makes Purdy special..

2- I’m gonna go back and watch but in stands the TD catch by UNI late sure hit ground and the INT returned for TD, Purdy are moving forward or thso ball would not have gone forward 3 yards.. looked like really bad calls that put 14pta on board for UNI

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
100% agree. It’s gotta be the most frustrating FB to watch
In these games, yes.

I appreciate conservative football, although some of the game management is antiquated. But shortening the game and being conservative in game management isn’t coterminous with making it tough for guys to consistently execute because of predictable calls. The run game was good today, but you need great personal to just ask guys to just be better than the guy across from them.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
In these games, yes.

I appreciate conservative football, although some of the game management is antiquated. But shortening the game and being conservative in game management isn’t coterminous with making it tough for guys to consistently execute because of predictable calls. The run game was good today, but you need great personal to just ask guys to just be better than the guy across from them.

200.webp

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
2 things:

1- As well as a game as Purdy had statistically he looked like a normal pocket QB which is not whaa makes Purdy special..

2- I’m gonna go back and watch but in stands the TD catch by UNI late sure hit ground and the INT returned for TD, Purdy are moving forward or thso ball would not have gone forward 3 yards.. looked like really bad calls that put 14pta on board for UNI
With the benefit of tv replays, only the fumble was a really bad call. The catch in OT was borderline but I'm okay letting it stand. But the fumble gifted UNI 7 points.

Help Support Us

Become a patron