FB Season Tix Update from Pollard

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Weather continues to look great for the UNI game...would expect the singles to get snapped up pretty quick. A week out and we are looking at temps in 70's.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ry4Cy

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Is this 500 after UNI returned some of their allotment? Just got a text from ISU that visitor upper corners are available.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Last night it showed we had 40 season tix left on site, just looked, only shows 14 left now! They have fluctuated around a bit which is strange, but I think that is due to them adjusting where they are using the mobile passes, allowing for pairs etc. Maybe?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
UNI returned a bunch because they aren't bringing the band plus tickets in the South End Zone are much cheaper on the secondary market than they are through UNI's allotment.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and wclarson

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Why wouldn't they bring their band?

Two reasons--

1. Money--Saves about $10k of the guarantee by leaving them at home

2. UNI Athletics and the band are having a bit of a pissing match right now over moving the Alma Mater out of their pregame program. Long, boring dirge of a song that they want to play right before the team comes out of the tunnel that just kills the crowd.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

isudrummer

Oct 5, 2012
Muscatine
I was wondering about the band as well. I can see a pissing match not helping that situation. Also, for those who don't know the UNI Alma Mater...double the length of the ISU one and there you go. I am assuming the band plays both verses so it probably takes close to two minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
UNI returned a bunch because they aren't bringing the band plus tickets in the South End Zone are much cheaper on the secondary market than they are through UNI's allotment.

giphy.gif

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
On top of it I don't think UNI fans are coming this year like in years past. The sad reality is in previous years, UNI fans not just hoped to win, they EXPECTED to win (and for good reason). I remember walking out after the game 2 years ago and UNI fans were disappointed because they truly thought they were going to beat us. I don't think they have that same optimism this year and UNI returning tickets shows it.

Clones123

May 5, 2016
Des Moines, IA
I always hate when opposing teams bring their band. All they do is play over our band between plays and perform a song at halftime that nobody even pays attention to anyways. Only exception was when Texas A&M would bring their band to perform.
I don't mind having visiting bands, gives it more of that college atmosphere. However, I would rather they only bring their small pep bands that OU, OSU, and Texas seem to bring nearly every trip to Ames. From what I've seen, the pep bands pretty much only play when their team scores.

Also wish we would ban Iowa's full band after stuffing our band in the nosebleeds last year at Kinnick. Or at the very least return the favor.