Whats the best stadium you have been

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Only other major college stadium I have been to was WVU 2 years ago. Strong tailgating and incredible fans. I was in WV for business this week and a fan said ISU was her favorite visiting team due to the nature of the fans. Oddly TCU was the worst.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Really strange to see so many people say Kinnick.

I've been there numerous times and have never had a good experience, even the times when ISU has won there. The whole experience is just not good IMO. No parking, no space to sit with seats about 8 inches apart, not friendly at all, etc, etc.

I like Kinnick better than most of the other stadiums within easy driving distance of JTS, which I'm guessing is why a lot of people are listing it and isn't really saying much. It's a more attractive and fun place to hang out than Lincoln. Memorial is big but not a nice looking stadium. I went to quite a few games when I lived there in high school because my friends had season tickets, it's like you're tailgating under a big city interstate but without any of the cool things a big city should bring.

The other easy drivable D1 games are places like Metrodome (no idea on Minn's new smaller outdoor), KU, KSU, Missouri, NIU, NW...not exactly epic.

Wisconsin seems pretty awesome and I've been there on game day but not at the game. That's probably the first one that tops Kinnick as I move out past Ames geographically...I've never been inside OU or OSU's. I'm guessing those two would be next as you move away on the drive length.

All 3 D1 stadiums in Illinois are drastically worse than both of Iowa's D1 stadiums. That alone makes a lot of the driving distance stadiums kind of suck.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I didn't go to a game but last August I stayed near Washington's stadium in Seattle for a few days and I can tell it would be pretty incredible place to tailgate and watch a game from staying in the neighborhood and having seen it on TV.

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I like Kinnick better than most of the other stadiums within easy driving distance of JTS, which I'm guessing is why a lot of people are listing it and isn't really saying much. It's a more attractive and fun place to hang out than Lincoln. Memorial is big but not a nice looking stadium. I went to quite a few games when I lived there in high school because my friends had season tickets, it's like you're tailgating under a big city interstate but without any of the cool things a big city should bring.

The other easy drivable D1 games are places like Metrodome (no idea on Minn's new smaller outdoor), KU, KSU, Missouri, NIU, NW...not exactly epic.

Wisconsin seems pretty awesome and I've been there on game day but not at the game. That's probably the first one that tops Kinnick as I move out past Ames geographically...I've never been inside OU or OSU's. I'm guessing those two would be next as you move away on the drive length.

All 3 D1 stadiums in Illinois are drastically worse than both of Iowa's D1 stadiums. That alone makes a lot of the driving distance stadiums kind of suck.

Okie State's looks like the fans are right on top of you which I think factors into the atmosphere at least.

Camp Randall is a really cool venue for a game. Can be a really great environment on the right nights.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Kinnick is great from the outside, but once inside they crowd you in like cattle, the aisles for drinks and RR are horrible and the parking leaves a lot to be desired. But the atmosphere is great for a big game.

TCU stadium is fun to visit, we were there when they were ranked #3 and they kicked the crap out of ISU, but the stadium had a ton of empty sections, and it was a beautiful December day. I think I got sunburned. We had to take a bus from the ISU tailgate.

Baylor was new only its second year when we visited, great concessions, not much of a crowd but it rained like 5 inches that day, and we were still hungover from the night before. Nice stadium.

Austin was a blast last year, the town was alive with ISU fans, the stadium would have felt better if we had tickets down low, and had played better. Fun trip, we took an Uber to the park and then walked back to the hotel. Great that they sold beer at the stadium.

Pro, you cannot beat Arrowhead, just a great environment, plenty of parking and the tailgating is out of this world. Go to a night game or to a Raiders or Denver game and it cannot be beat.

We went to the Metro Dome for a Vikings/Chiefs game, horrible design, not much atmosphere, but it was nice being 70 degrees inside when its 20 outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macloney

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Pro, you cannot beat Arrowhead, just a great environment, plenty of parking and the tailgating is out of this world. Go to a night game or to a Raiders or Denver game and it cannot be beat.

Kansas City is fun, but it most certainly can be beat. New Orleans and Seattle are better in my opinion stadium/environment wise.

I'm prepared for the disagrees/dislikes from Chiefs fans.

• Winner
Reactions: Lyon309Cy

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007

We went to the Metro Dome for a Vikings/Chiefs game, horrible design, not much atmosphere, but it was nice being 70 degrees inside when its 20 outside.

Not much of an NFL fan, but I have been to games here and there. Have not been to KC, so I cannot rate it. Of the ones I can: @ Bucs (old stadium), @ Saints (Superdome), @ Jags (AllTell), @ Raiders (Black Hole), @ Bears (pre-Space ship Soldier Field), @ Lions (Silverdome) and @ Bengals (Paul Brown), the only one that would interest me to repeat would be the Saints, as an NFL Sunday that includes the Saints @ the Superdome followed by the French Quarter is a fun day. The others are meh to me, even though I have been to two incredible games (Elway and his Broncos @ Raiders) and (Favre and his Packers @ Bears). Elway led the Broncos to a patented last two minute comeback victory, and Favre and the Packers survived a missed two-point conversion to beat the Bears. Just not a fan of NFL Games in person.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Back in the day when I was in school and CU was actually decent at football Folsom Field was killer.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Arrowhead and Lambeau have the best tailgating in the pros, thanks to their setup.
Have been to Houston for Houston Bowl vs TCU and have toured Cowboys and both had good parking lots but I have no idea if they tailgate hard at either place.
Arrowhead and Lambeau are amazing game day sites. I freaking love the Arrowhead Kauffman setup.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kansas City is fun, but it most certainly can be beat. New Orleans and Seattle are better in my opinion stadium/environment wise.

I'm prepared for the disagrees/dislikes from Chiefs fans.
Haven't tailgated in Seattle but have been to a game. Their fans are effing nuts.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Only other major college stadium I have been to was WVU 2 years ago. Strong tailgating and incredible fans. I was in WV for business this week and a fan said ISU was her favorite visiting team due to the nature of the fans. Oddly TCU was the worst.
If WV wasnt so far away I'd go there frequently. Great fans and a true college town.

Reactions: Cyhops