Whats the best stadium you have been

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Kinnick absolutely sucks!!!! Not a user friendly place at all. I like red brick and the historic feel of the stadium, but they cram way to many people. It should be about a 62,000 seat, or maybe a little more, seat stadium. Outside the stadium, yep it sucks. You have to really know what you are doing to get around, get situated, and have a good time. It is mostly just a job. I'll never go back.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Really strange to see so many people say Kinnick.

I've been there numerous times and have never had a good experience, even the times when ISU has won there. The whole experience is just not good IMO. No parking, no space to sit with seats about 8 inches apart, not friendly at all, etc, etc.
I like the physical structure. That being said, I have not been to a game there since 2001 (vs. Michigan) before the face-lift. I loved it back then. Plus, I was able to park at a friend's house and walk to the game from there with a pre-game and post-game spread. SO, it all depends on so many things!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I agree with you. I married in to an aTm family and we have season tickets. It's a great experience for sure.
...and yet you live in the realm of the Tea-sippers... ;)

JK - My father & uncles are all Aggies. So is BIL, but my sister is a Longhorn & they lived in Austin for about 30 years before retiring to CS where his mother (RIP) was still living at the time.

Reactions: CyBobby

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Overall:
College: LSU
Pro: Lincoln Financial
Bowl Game: Rose

More rankings.

Pregame
College: Georgia, LSU, Kinnick, West Virginia
Pro: Soldier, Lincoln Financial, Meadowlands

People
College: West Virginia/Georgia/LSU, Kinnick
Pro: Lincoln Financial, Soldier, Hard Rock

Physical Structure
College: Beaver Stadium, LSU, Notre Dame
Pro: Hard Rock (Gets LOUD with the roof and speakers), Invesco, Raymond James

History
College: Notre Dame, Rose Bowl, Georgia
Pro: Soldier (only because almost all stadiums are new)

Worst
College: Nebraska, Ryan Field
Pro: Meadowlands (old)
Hard Rock is so much nicer since the Upgrade! It's like it is a brand new stadium:

Alabama vs. Oklahoma @ 2018 Orange Bowl Classic:

49007325_1985480708206908_6118005669896388608_n.jpg

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Probably the Bug Eaters. I haven't been to that many stadiums though.

All the Husker fans I know readily admit their stadium sucks for fans. Seating designed for people that weigh 150 pounds or less and with short legs only.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
The best football venue I've been to for both college and pro is Arrowhead Stadium. Not just the atmosphere at Chiefs games but the facility and it's design. Off-topic but is there a cooler baseball stadium than the one in Pittsburgh?

Last edited:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
All the Husker fans I know readily admit their stadium sucks for fans. Seating designed for people that weigh 150 pounds or less and with short legs only.
Don't forget the Blue Hairs and the Walkers! lol. I actually enjoyed my one visit @ Nebraska on a glorious day back in 1994 vs. Oklahoma State! They still had the big white barn door on one side of the stadium back then, and one had to go through a maze to find the men's room. I have not been since the face-lift. Here are some pics!

Oklahoma State @ Nebraska in 1994:

67367059_2297571493664493_7041787130208583680_n.jpg

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Washington-Grizzly Stadium, Montana Grizzlies

Small stadium, but fun atmosphere. Grizzlies definitely have the home field advantage. Missoula is a great college town.

This would actually be my #2. Running around boozing Missoula on a gameday is super fun.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
My rankings would be Texas A & M....Nebraska....and of course *Kansas is DEAD LAST, in any rankings of stadium/experiences. I have never had a good experience over in Kinnick, and thats even before ISU started playing over there.....

*We er my wife and me went to every ISU game at Mizzou and Kansas for over 20 years ...we also went to KState, Oklahoma, Texas A & M......We enjoyed the Mizzou trip the best because our Cyclones seem to play their best in Columbia and their absolute worst in Lawrence....

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've been to a lot, a lot of college FB stadiums.
Camp Randall is pretty awesome.
Texas is pretty high on my list.

Reactions: IASTATE07

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It was on my punch list when I lived out in that area, but I never made it. Another kind of outside of the box place I'd like to watch a game is up in Saskatchewan. I hear Mosaic Stadium is a better atmosphere than most NFL stadiums.

My grandpa grew up 4 blocks from Mosaic and briefly played for the Roughriders. Attending a game there is on my bucket list

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I liked Texas but the the crowd was nothing close to A@M. Quick fun fact. The only time I went to Texas and Texas A@M, Iowa State pulled off two upsets. OU stadium was fun. They heckled the crap out of me in a good natured way.

When I retire I will be renting an RV with my brother and we plan to go to a bunch of SEC stadiums like LSU, Florida, Bama, Auburn and just pick a team to root for and tailgate.

I have been to three National Championship games all at Arizona State. That stadium has a really cool feel to it and the party after the game on Mill Ave is always good.

Nebraska fans were just jerks.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Really strange to see so many people say Kinnick.

I've been there numerous times and have never had a good experience, even the times when ISU has won there. The whole experience is just not good IMO. No parking, no space to sit with seats about 8 inches apart, not friendly at all, etc, etc.
I think it’s more a result of not going to other stadiums. Like I said I’ve been to three college football stadiums unless you want to add Simpson and Central. Jack Trice is the clear #1. The other two are Kinnick and the Alamo Dome. The Alamo Dome sucks as a stadium.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Folsom Field in Boulder

Very cool place. Too bad the crowd shows up about halfway through and leaves around the 3rd quarter (in my one experience but heard it's like that).

I would have loved to have been there when they were really good and especially that Black Friday in 2001 when they quite possibly broke Nebraska's program.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Very cool place. Too bad the crowd shows up about halfway through and leaves around the 3rd quarter (in my one experience but heard it's like that).

I would have loved to have been there when they were really good and especially that Black Friday in 2001 when they quite possibly broke Nebraska's program.

I don't think we're allowed to post erotica on CF, but I'll give it a try.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron