Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Such a pet peeve of mine...anti The Other Team instead of pro "My" Team. I think in all my years living around here (Nebraska included) I've seen one ISU plate that was of that sort. (HRKY WHO) Just saw an ANTI CY plate this week while leaving work.

I wonder how bad this is in other states with multiple D1 universities. AtM and Texa$? Any of the SEC teams?

Im sure its pretty mellow in Iowa compared to the southeast part of the country.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The jet my in-laws own part of used to be the Midwest Transplant Network's. You call in organ donations and their goal was to have the jet en route within the hour.

So you get quick transportation to road FB/BB games?

Reactions: wxman1

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm too much of a cheap ass for that. The cost to operate is about $2,000/hr. No thanks.

The informative wasn't for the cheap part it was for the operating costs didn't know what it cost to run one.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My guess is wxman would have a better idea than I have.

$2k/hr sounds like a small jet. Also things to keep in mind is that likely doesn’t include stipend, hotels and rental car for pilots if needed.

You can check out FlyOtto.com to get an idea of prices for trips.

• Informative
Reactions: SCyclone and NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Reactions: NWICY

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
$2k/hr sounds like a small jet. Also things to keep in mind is that likely doesn’t include stipend, hotels and rental car for pilots if needed.

You can check out FlyOtto.com to get an idea of prices for trips.
It's a CJ1+ so it's a little guy as far as I'm concerned....at least compared to the CJ4 the guy one hangar over has.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It's a CJ1+ so it's a little guy as far as I'm concerned....at least compared to the CJ4 the guy one hangar over has.

Yeah the 1 is older and ineficient by modern standards but still a good plane. There will probably be a number of them getting parked here in a few months if their owners just chose not to update to ADS-B.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Yeah the 1 is older and ineficient by modern standards but still a good plane. There will probably be a number of them getting parked here in a few months if their owners just chose not to update to ADS-B.
Understood. I know they just updated it in the CJ1+ because they figured they would have to have it to be able to get it sold. Not cheap at all.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Understood. I know they just updated it in the CJ1+ because they figured they would have to have it to be able to get it sold. Not cheap at all.

You don't by chance know what avionics package they have in there do you?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I always thought it would be cool to fly down to Lubbock for a BB game. Thanks to FlyOtto I've learned I'll either go commercial or bite the bullet and drive.

Made it to MC for the slow role tonight. Biggest group of the yr 30+. Excellent food afterwards truck it is ran by Cedar Valley Seminary out of Osage. Prices were really reasonable for a food truck. Burgers and fries were both excellent. A friend had the coleslaw said it was very good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron