***Official Y Cap City Thread***

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Iowa State almost always measures correctly. They do it with shoes. He's listed at 6'2 on the official site.
Fair enough. Didn’t know how that works. I also am going of video so it’s hard to tell. Didn’t make it down to cap city league this summer.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I haven’t been overly impressed with Nixon this summer. But last night I was impressed. He was the only Iowa state player on his team (And s teammate got kicked out for 2 technicals) and kept them right in it. He played extremely hard in a very hot gym.

Reactions: isutrevman

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I haven’t been overly impressed with Nixon this summer. But last night I was impressed. He was the only Iowa state player on his team (And s teammate got kicked out for 2 technicals) and kept them right in it. He played extremely hard in a very hot gym.
My take on Nixon during the summer league is he’ll make his impact in ways other than being a consistent reliable scorer. He’s a leader, plays extremely hard. I don’t think he came out once all summer league. He played almost every minute. He can make tough shots too but I don’t know how much we’ll need him to do that. He’s a hard nose player who will do the little things.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
And Sledge was a worse shooter than me while Tre has the potential to be one of the best shooters Iowa State has had. Prohm is going to struggle to keep Tre off the court.

Yeah, not too worried about his height. Jevon Carter for WVU was maybe 6' in his shoes and not as good of a shooter his freshman year as Tre appears to be now. Carter excelled in the Big XII due in large part to his defensive and in his senior year his 3-pt shooting.

And, the between the legs dribble and reverse finish is so Tinsley-esque. If he passes at the same level as his ball handling/shooting, he's going to get some PT this year.

• Funny
Reactions: STILWELLCLONE

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I do not know where some had the idea he was a good shooter.

I thought we all knew he was brought in to be a bulldog pissant, not a sniper.

Some probably held out hope he improved sitting out a year.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
My take on Nixon during the summer league is he’ll make his impact in ways other than being a consistent reliable scorer. He’s a leader, plays extremely hard. I don’t think he came out once all summer league. He played almost every minute. He can make tough shots too but I don’t know how much we’ll need him to do that. He’s a hard nose player who will do the little things.

I think you're right, and that at best he'll be a very streaky shooter. His biggest contributions will come in the form of on-court leadership, toughness, and setting the tone on defense.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Prentiss and Zion are the type of shooters who could make 4-5 in a row and then miss the next 8. Seems like that happened to both of them a ton this summer.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
His shot and form is just so smooth and effortless. Very Steph/Trae Young-esque (without the gross looking part).

I've watched a lot of Jackson videos. Just put the Curry comparison together. Obviously not anywhere near that type of skill level, but the ball handling and quick release are familiar. Jackson's ball handling is fun to watch.