NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I understand they are just acting like super fans but they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Coming on a little strong there, Toronto. It's a short trip from fandom to stalker.
tenor.gif

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I understand they are just acting like super fans but they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

Yeah, that is one thing LA has, other than being from there, super stars can avoid the attention and pestering of fans. One of the few cities where a player like Kawhi to fade into the background when in public.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Yeah, that is one thing LA has, other than being from there, super stars can avoid the attention and pestering of fans. One of the few cities where a player like Kawhi to fade into the background when in public.

If he goes to the Lakers, they are going to be the biggest spectacle in sports over the next year. It'll be headline news daily on every sports news media outlet in the country. I get what you're saying about LA as a town but the Lakers are an entirely different deal. I mean we heard about them daily this season when they were really never relevant. It'll be obnoxious next year.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If he goes to the Lakers, they are going to be the biggest spectacle in sports over the next year. It'll be headline news daily on every sports news media outlet in the country. I get what you're saying about LA as a town but the Lakers are an entirely different deal. I mean we heard about them daily this season when they were really never relevant. It'll be obnoxious next year.
Yeah, but he will be THE MAN on the Raptors and in Canada. They weren't following him with helicopters in LA. He would be 2nd or 3rd on a team full of stars.

Reactions: heitclone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Yeah, but he will be THE MAN on the Raptors and in Canada. They weren't following him with helicopters in LA. He would be 2nd or 3rd on a team full of stars.

Right. More so I was referring to his day to day life away from the team. He can go out to resturants, clubs, or even gym work outs (UCLA and Drew leagues) and not be hasseled. Half the NBA lives in LA during the off season for that reason.

@arye_abraham A source close to the situation has confirmed to me that free agent Kawhi Leonard will not be happy of the fanfare, along w/ all the leaks currently taking place in Toronto.

And no Helicopter tracking from airport to meetings.
No one is even sure when where or the Lakers made their pitch or results. I did see that the Clippers meeting was 2 nights ago but no location.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I love watching Kansas players bust.

Like that deal for Memphis. Jackson has been awful on and off the court but he's been in a pretty dysfunctional organization and he's still only 22 or 23. The Grizzlies get him this year and next (if they exercise a team option) on the relative cheap to see if they can fix him. And all it cost was a couple second rounders and two guys who were never going to play for them anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: CyJack13

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Like that deal for Memphis. Jackson has been awful on and off the court but he's been in a pretty dysfunctional organization and he's still only 22 or 23. The Grizzlies get him this year and next (if they exercise a team option) on the relative cheap to see if they can fix him. And all it cost was a couple second rounders and two guys who were never going to play for them anyway.
Memphis absolutely wins this trade.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
That 2017 Draft is so interesting looking at it now. Fultz busted and traded. Lonzo already traded and hurt both seasons. Tatum a steal at 3. Jackson busted and traded. De'Aaron Fox a steal at 5, too bad he's in SAC.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Memphis absolutely wins this trade.

Phoenix had to move on from Jackson. He had become an embarrassment to the franchise. It's kind of shocking how far he has fallen in just two years if this is the best offer they could get for him. A lot of league execs thought he might be the best player in the class prior to the 2017 draft.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
That 2017 Draft is so interesting looking at it now. Fultz busted and traded. Lonzo already traded and hurt both seasons. Tatum a steal at 3. Jackson busted and traded. De'Aaron Fox a steal at 5, too bad he's in SAC.

Steal of that draft is Donovan Mitchell all the way down at 13. If they redraft that class it has to be him or Tatum off the board first now.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and Dandy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron