***Official USMNT Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I wish I was there tonight! I had plans to go, booked my hotel, etc., but I was so pissed after the Venezuela Friendly, I cancelled my plans and more importantly my St. Paul Hotel reservation. Oh well, next time! Go USA!

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I’m loving what I’ve seen from Boyd. His passing has been spot on and his service on set pieces is consistent.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Dang they needed to finish a few more of those shots. How do pros kick it over the bar from 8 yards out?

It's easier than you might think. The ball's just a little bit too far away from your body, you've really got to reach to make good contact and get your toe underneath and the ball just takes off.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Boyd gets rewarded for his decent play with an easy goal. Our defense is wayyyyyayayayayayayay behind where they need to be with knowing where and how to play the ball in GHs system.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Haven’t been able to keep up lately, but from what I saw in the first half:

The bad:

- Bradley is still sloppy in the middle. Even simple back passes are off. His forward lobs are always long

- There has to be someone better than Zardes up top. He might be fast, but no strength and seems to panic when he gets a touch in the box

- Wing entries seem to be timed poorly. I’m not sure if that’s the wings or a Zardes issue. I’m leaning the latter

The good:
- Arriola is still fast. He and Boyd have had some good exchanges

- Pulisic has great foot skills and has looked really fast at times.

(Goal Boyd! I think he was offsides though, because Bradley’s pass was late, but they didn’t call it, sooooo)

- I think Lima has played really well. He has had some good services from the side

- McKenna showed some flashes

Overall: Being up 1-0 after 45 minutes against this team is not good, but there were plenty of chances. Probably should been at least 3-0 at the half

Tell me where I’m off.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Seriously, Boyd's crossing and long passing is getting me excited. The goal was very nice, but Berhalter's system needs wingers that are attacking threats. Boyd looks like he may end up being a really nice find. I'm curious who it was that tracked him and his US eligibility down.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Oh goodie, Wil Trapp. I'm afraid we're just going to have to get used to Trapp being a part of the USMNT as Berhalter's pet.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I’m really concerned with the passing of the back 4. They aren’t using the gk very well and putting the mf’ers in bad spots.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I’m really concerned with the passing of the back 4. They aren’t using the gk very well and putting the mf’ers in bad spots.

Yeah, it's been pretty shaky. I'm curious if Gregg views Zimmerman and Long as his first choice CBs or if Miazga fits in the mix somewhere.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron