RECRUITING INSIDER: Rasir Bolton decision coming soon (commits!)

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If we can add Carlson and Foster that would be awesome. We have two right now to fill. CSP can go all in on those two and not have to fill 5 or 6. Guessing we will have one or two in the spring next year to fill also.

dshindy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2014
Johnston
If we can add Carlson and Foster that would be awesome. We have two right now to fill. CSP can go all in on those two and not have to fill 5 or 6. Guessing we will have one or two in the spring next year to fill also.

Adding those two would be unreal. Ton of competition for both of course but in Prohm I trust.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Turned out to be an above average spring! Lets cross our fingers his waiver is approved!

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
source.gif
Not funny. There's a couple ear worms that won't be leaving my head for a few hours.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
There's not much out there from Penn State, but this gives you an idea of how he plays:

Those are the first clips I've watched of him. I'm still in the dark on the pronunciation of his first name (never came up in these clips). Is it "Rah-SEAR"?

My take on the video:

* VERY deep range. He hit some 3's from NBA depth.

* Drives well and finished well in this game, anyway, at the rim (can be different with a rim portector). He had one good quick move going left that drew a foul.

* I didn't see a case where he put the ball on the deck and pulled up for a mid-range shot.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nixon/Bolton/Halliburton/Young/Jacobson would be my guess. Maybe Jacobson and Young split time and Conditt starts.

Still gonna be an offensively challenged team compared to what we are used to but should be good overall.
I think we're all going to be surprised about how good the offense can look when you get guys that want to share the ball and help others score, rather than score on their own. Last year we had a plethora of offensive weapons, but a lot of the shots were "me" shots. With the addition of Bolton, assuming he's eligible to play next year, I think our offense doesn't drop off as much as people think. I also believe we're going to have much better player leadership and chemistry which will help that.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Nixon/Bolton/Halliburton/Young/Jacobson would be my guess. Maybe Jacobson and Young split time and Conditt starts.

Still gonna be an offensively challenged team compared to what we are used to but should be good overall.

My big question is, assuming that we're trying to stretch at the 4, who that guy will be that can play and guard the 4? Jacobson is the obvious choice for part of the time (I'm thinking Young and Conditt will be our primary rotation at the 5), but I'm thinking we'll still need someone to use when we go small. Maybe Griffin or Anderson? Or Lewis if he gets a bit stronger over the summer?

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My big question is, assuming that we're trying to stretch at the 4, who that guy will be that can play and guard the 4? Jacobson is the obvious choice for part of the time (I'm thinking Young and Conditt will be our primary rotation at the 5), but I'm thinking we'll still need someone to use when we go small. Maybe Griffin or Anderson? Or Lewis if he gets a bit stronger over the summer?
You could also throw Leech's name into the mix. He's very long and athletic and if he makes as big of a jump as he did last year when dealing with his injury, he could see good minutes. I think we're forgetting this dude was a high recruit and getting looked at by lots of big time schools.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
If Lewis is able to develop and be better than Bolton currently is I'd be extremely happy. That being said, I think it's Bolton's starting spot to lose.

If you put Lewis on a worse team he would have put up points. I don't think you can just assume because he scored 11 points per game for a not so good Penn State team that he is the immediate starter.

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
Don't sleep on Zion. The injury set him back last year, I think he will be much improved.

IMO what will be interesting is Solo and Jacobson if it come down to who starts vs who comes off the bench.. 2 year starter vs 1 year starter. Solo turned around the team his freshman year, is a better defender against big 12 level post players and lost his spot due to injury. Jacobson had a great year last year, is better scorer and rebounded.

Reactions: SolarGarlic