NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Torn left quad for Boogie. Poor Warriors.

Not to be too cold hearted, but it's probably not a terrible thing for the Warriors. He never really clicked with that team, and teams were going to really target him defensively. The Bogut signing looks a lot bigger now though.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I thought teams wanted Boogie but he hedged a future contract on playing for the Warriors on a one and done.

They did, they just didn't want him on a max deal. There's a long list of teams that would have taken him on a MLE. He called the Warriors with the idea, they weren't going to offer him that low of a deal on their own.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not to be too cold hearted, but it's probably not a terrible thing for the Warriors. He never really clicked with that team, and teams were going to really target him defensively. The Bogut signing looks a lot bigger now though.

Yeah, Bogut can give them 15-20 minutes a game and Bell and Looney can chip in here and there. And they can still close games out with a lineup of Curry/Klay/Iguodala/KD/Draymond. They'll be fine without him. As good as he is, he was a luxury for them. Not a necessity.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The Spurs can really take control of the series tonight, the last time the Spurs went two years without winning a playoff series was 1991-92, which is insane.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Spurs can really take control of the series tonight, the last time the Spurs went two years without winning a playoff series was 1991-92, which is insane.

They were a bad draw for Denver in the first round. That's a tough, playoff-tested opponent for a group that's never been there before. It's really too bad they couldn't beat out Minnesota for the eight seed last year. Even a first round sweep would have at least given them something to draw from.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Pacers are proving that you can get to the playoffs on hard work and unselfish play, but come postseason you need to have a go-to guy. They missed Oladipo in a bad way in the second half of both Games 1 and 2. Nate McMiIlan has to find a way to get Myles Turner more involved on offense.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I’m sure this has been said thousands of times but Pop/Spurs are incredible. The way that team finds and develops talent is unmatched. Haven’t had a lottery pick since drafting Tim Duncan.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This used to be must see TV for me. Haven't watched a minute of playoff basketball.
I'm a big LeBron fan so obviously with him out it decreases my interest but I tried watching the Warriors game last night and it is just stupid. The NBA is so top heavy. We're a LeBron Superman Series away from a FIVE-PEAT.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Being an NBA ref would be exhausting with all the drama queen players crying to you after every foul call

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Sixers-Nets game 4 definitely has the feel of an NCAA tourney game where the Sixers are the blue blood two seed and the Nets are the feisty low-major playing with 6’5” bigs and winning with creativity from the backcourt. Gotta love the Nets backcourt.