General NCAA WBB Tourney Thread

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was looking for an update this morning on how bad Lauren Cox is hurt. Didn't find anything but ran across this article from last year on how she plays with Type 1 Diabetes and a insulin pump. Not news to me but thought I'd post it here for those not aware. It's a pretty interesting read on how she and the Baylor staff manage this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/big12/2018/01/30/control-doesnt-control-me/1080415001/

Not recommended for the haters here, won't be your cup of tea. :oops:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
She was VERY fortunate it was not much, much worse. With her screams we heard on the tv, we thought for sure something had torn. #luckystars

Unless I am forgetting someone, Cyclones have been pretty fortunate the last number of years to have avoided the ACL bug or other serious injuries. Last I can think of is TeeTee Starks in 2015.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Unless I am forgetting someone, Cyclones have been pretty fortunate the last number of years to have avoided the ACL bug or other serious injuries. Last I can think of is TeeTee Starks in 2015.

Finding something made of wood to knock on right now... :confused::eek:o_O

• Agree
Reactions: ISU40

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

We went through a cycle of them for a couple of years. Tocarra Ross back in the mid-late 00’s was one. She was followed by another teammate but I can’t remember who. Think it may have been Wieben.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We went through a cycle of them for a couple of years. Tocarra Ross back in the mid-late 00’s was one. She was followed by another teammate but I can’t remember who. Think it may have been Wieben.

The Ross injury happened right in front of me just seconds before the half at William's Arena. :(

After Weiben tore her's it was Anderson who stepped up and had a good year for us in the paint.

• Agree
Reactions: acoustimac

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Starks wasn't an ACL tear. It was some other type of knee injury that had been lingering. "Articular cartilage damage" whatever that is.

Reactions: BoxsterCy