Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Trump is president.

Hoiberg is a Husker.

Browns might be somewhat competitive next season.

TJ is a... Runnin' Rebel, ugh.

Britain leaving the EU... or not.

Cubs won a World Series.

KD and Steph are on the same team.

Pretty sure the world actually ended in 2012. We are in a really weird timeline. That, or the writers of "Planet Earth" decided to see how weird they could make things.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://unlv.forums.rivals.com/threads/tj-otzelberger.29276/

This is from the Las Vegas Sun on March 18, 2019:

"According to sources, UNLV has enough pledged money from program boosters to pay the next coach between $1.7 million and $2.8 million annually. That aligns with Reed-Francois’s statement during Friday’s press conference, when she said she had secured enough funding to make the next Runnin’ Rebels head coach the highest-paid coach in the Mountain West and among the highest paid in the Group of 5 conferences."

I thought they were going for a bigger name, more established coach. Isn't hiring a coach that was dominating a small, very poor conference, what they did last time? Maybe it works out long term. I don't see more fans going to games in the short term as a result of this hire.

On a positive note, the hire was made quickly so there is some time to recruit a little. I hope he can keep the aforementioned" : from the UNLV message board

Good luck, T.J.
Rebels are a different breed...

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Good luck TJ and Alison and all their little ones!

She was my favorite basketball player when I was in Ames. She always had a look on her face like she was looking for an *** to kick, and she usually found it.

I am happy with Prohm, but TJ is still on the list if we ever need to go shopping again.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I wish TJ well, but man, that is going to be something of a culture shock for him....and I'm not talking about just being in Vegas. The culture of that program at UNLV will be like something I doubt he has seen before. Hopefully, he can change it. If he can, he could have huge success there.

LOL

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
We might not like it but I'm pretty sure the paychecks will clear and it's a step up from SDSU. With Daum gone, he's leaving at the right time. I've got a buddy whose son played for TJ up north and they have nothing but good things to say about him. They'll be sad to see him go but happy for his success so I'll do the same.

Good luck TJ.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Trump is president.

Hoiberg is a Husker.

Browns might be somewhat competitive next season.

TJ is a... Runnin' Rebel, ugh.

Britain leaving the EU... or not.

Cubs won a World Series.

KD and Steph are on the same team.

Pretty sure the world actually ended in 2012. We are in a really weird timeline. That, or the writers of "Planet Earth" decided to see how weird they could make things.
1g1o85.gif

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Isn't perspective wild? Many here say he would be our hire where they are not impressed?

Because he has history here. All of his past resume, except for a couple years at Washington, is here.

To the average UNLV fan, he’s a guy coming from South Dakota.

Reactions: CapnCy

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Happy for TJ. Assuming he got $10m+ for a total contract, that's life changing money. He's either successful and goes on to a bigger job in 4 years, or he goes back to being a big time assistant with a nice safety net in his bank account.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I will put my dislike of UNLV aside and root for TJ to succeed there, just as long as we aren't going head-to-head for recruits.
For as long as Ive known TJ I cant be anything but happy for him and hope he succeeds....but on the other hand UNLV....it feels to me like Daum was leaving, he had an opportunity to get paid and get out of Brookings and took what step up he could into a tough situation. I hope he succeeds though !

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Rebel fans not too impressed with the TJ hire.. Not surprised.
Funny seeing them thinking Alford would be a solution and that they should make a big splash because well...."theyre UNLV". Of course I can see why they were able to get RV and Zimmerman along with all the other McDonalds AA over the last 8 years and do nothing with them.

Reactions: Scott34

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Happy for TJ. Assuming he got $10m+ for a total contract, that's life changing money. He's either successful and goes on to a bigger job in 4 years, or he goes back to being a big time assistant with a nice safety net in his bank account.

For sure, from a family financial security perspective. Just stay away from financial hucksters and manage the money yourself. Hucksters are under every rock nationwide but imagining they are under and over the rocks in Lost Wages.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron