TJ to UNLV?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I've seen the TJ to UNLV speculation for a week or so. It makes sense from a career perspective to move up a level to the Mountain West from the Summit especially with Daum leaving. He has some west coast recruiting ties due to his time at Washington.

That said, I doubt the boosters will be satisfied with a mid-major coach that is a relative unknown considering the names of Cronin, Tyrone Lue and Jason Kidd have also been rumored. I would be concerned that they could have a quick trigger if he didn't have immediate success considering the potential departures it will be a total rebuild. I think a AAC or even a lower P5 job in the MW would be set him up better for his career. Curious to see if Otz ends up in Vegas, and I'd hope he succeeds.

I doubt the boosters at the school will be sold on a

Someone check on this dude.

I am anxiously awaiting the finish to your final thought.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’m fine with it. I also though not getting Rashad Vaughn turned out to be a blessing anyways. BDJ as a 5th year senior was better.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think it makes a lot more sense than Fred to Nebby.

I mean, I wouldn't expect TJ to stay there for the rest of his career.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s really too bad TJ couldn’t get Nebraska.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Was Tarkanian their last successful coach or was Kruger after him to bring some success?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
It’s really too bad TJ couldn’t get Nebraska.

Why? UNLV is considered a better job by virtually everyone. It’s easier to recruit to, less competition in the conference, etc.

TJ at Nebraska would actually be more competitive from a recruiting standpoint than Fred will be.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
They cycle through coaches who never win, even as they cycle through great talent. Maybe he can do it, but it just seems like there is something poisonous in the program out there.
Yeah, Hookers, blow and gambling.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wasted five minutes reading through this on twitter.

Looks like sportstalkmatt moved to Vegas.

I was going to say what’s this have to do with the Patriots, then I clicked that douche canoe’s twitter.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Why? UNLV is considered a better job by virtually everyone. It’s easier to recruit to, less competition in the conference, etc.

TJ at Nebraska would actually be more competitive from a recruiting standpoint than Fred will be.

You can’t possibly be serious.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron