This is why Prohm must go........

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
We had the perfect storm of everything going wrong all night against an inferior team. The refs had more to do with the loss than any coaching blunders. I was kind of hoping that he would lose it and get. T at some point to keep the refs honest...
If we played anywhere close to the level we played in KC no one would be worried that we won by only 10 points instead of 15 because of the refs.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
You didn't dispute any of my points and you somehow think I would be affected by you starting to call me names......funny stuff......it's sad that Chris allows 3rd graders on cyclonefanatic......glad you to hear you are okay with one.....yes one NCAA tournament victory in the last three seasons......sorry I have bigger expectations for ISU basketball.....if you don't then that's perfectly okay......enjoy your evening my friend
Ladies and gentlemen this is a troll

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
“We played with great defense,” Prohm said this week. “I didn’t coach any different. I didn’t scout any different. We played up to our capabilities.”

If he thinks they played to their capability tonight then yes, he’s got to go.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Prohm is a great representative of the University who will stay above board and do things the right way in regards to the players. He isn't going to the final four though. If you are oK with that then you should be OK with me bitchin about it.
Who should we get to coach that gets us to a Final Four? Orr,Eustachy,Hoiberg etc couldn't get us there.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So let me get this straight you wanted Prohm to go apeshit down the stretch of that game? 2 free throws and the ball to OSU would have been amazing I guess?

Did I say I wanted him to get a technical? Nope, I sure didn't.

Do you realize how much a coach can get away with before getting a technical? It's a LOT. And it's funny how often coaches who get on a ref will suddenly get calls in their favor too. Look at Bill Self or Huggy Bear. Always happens for them, and they don't always have to get technicals to get the calls going their way either. It's part of coaching basketball folks. Always has been. That is why ISU and Prohm get walked on by the officials. No consequence for the ref from doing so. Prohm doesn't even say a word.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
First of all, Prohm coached this team terribly all year long.

People got all excited because we won the Big 12 Tourney but we should have won the Big 12 Tourney. (We had the best roster in the Big 12)

Finishing 9-9 in conference play was really embarrassing as the Clones clearly should have won the league.

Elite teams play two big men....it's just the way it is.....look at KU, UK, UNC, Duke, etc.......

Why he didn't start a line-up of Wigginton, Shayok, Horton-Tucker, Lard, and Jacobsen is ridiculous.....people wondering why we kept getting out-rebounded and then you see four guards out there and it's not real tough.....rotating Weiler-Babb and Haliburton with the three other guards would have worked fine but instead he put the team in a bad situation at all times with NEVER having a second big on the floor.....that is a joke.

Sure, you can go to four guards at times but when you're in a big boys league you have to compete at a big boy level.....Prohm doesn't do that.

Then we once again we got to watch "stand and watch basketball" tonight as he allowed them to spend much of the first half (and many games during the regular season) with four guys on the perimeter just standing and then shooting a three-pointer with only ONE guy underneath to rebound.....we were extremely easy to to guard because our coaching was terrible....we have GREAT players that can drive to the basket in Shayok, Horton-Tucker, and Wigginton who could have been drawing fouls all first half, drawing defense for a miss and easy offensive rebound, or creating wide-open three's but no.....Steve allowed them to stand on the perimeter and shoot NBA three's......live by it and die by it.........

Then let's talk about our defense........Ohio State has a completely mediocre team without Wesson (they lost by 19 without him against Northwestern).....he's clearly their only big-time player......a good coach would double team him every time he touched it and would have forced the rest of the OSU team to beat us......not Steve.....that was just too logical of a thing to do......so he just let Wesson toy with our bigs for most of the game.......it's easy stuff that he just decided not to do.......

If people think this is just reactionary to a tough tourney loss, you don't understand the game......he's the head coach who allowed his team to have problems that led to a 9-9 Big 12 record which is downright embarrassing and now he just led us to a horrific loss to a terrible Ohio State team......if you think he's the guy to lead this program to big-time tourney runs you are wrong.......in fact he took over a program that was loaded with talent and he went to the Sweet 16 with Fred's team......then went to the round of 32, then no tourney, then now we are out in the round of 64.........it's been downhill and in four years he has a 35-37 record in Big 12 league play......that's brutal......ISU has been to the tourney 7 of 8 years but if they want to become an elite program which I believe they can become, they need a new leader.....it's real simple.

upload_2019-3-23_0-5-0.gif

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
Don't necessarily agree with the 2 big starting lineup. The bigger issue I have is his unwillingness to tinker with the lineup when we weren't playing well. Not just changing the starting lineup but also subbing earlier when we started the half terribly. There was several times including tonight where our starters came out sluggish and he still waited til after 15 min to sub Wigs/Lard in. He seems to have a game plan going in but doesn't know how to adapt when it's not working.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Did I say I wanted him to get a technical? Nope, I sure didn't.

Do you realize how much a coach can get away with before getting a technical? It's a LOT. And it's funny how often coaches who get on a ref will suddenly get calls in their favor too. Look at Bill Self or Huggy Bear. Always happens for them, and they don't always have to get technicals to get the calls going their way either. It's part of coaching basketball folks. Always has been. That is why ISU and Prohm get walked on by the officials. No consequence for the ref from doing so. Prohm doesn't even say a word.
On both the “kicked” ball and 6 count he should have lost his **** on the officials. He hardly even made a peep. I don’t want FranCON, but Prohm just taking it is worse, IMO.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
First of all, Prohm coached this team terribly all year long.

People got all excited because we won the Big 12 Tourney but we should have won the Big 12 Tourney. (We had the best roster in the Big 12)

Finishing 9-9 in conference play was really embarrassing as the Clones clearly should have won the league.

Elite teams play two big men....it's just the way it is.....look at KU, UK, UNC, Duke, etc.......

Why he didn't start a line-up of Wigginton, Shayok, Horton-Tucker, Lard, and Jacobsen is ridiculous.....people wondering why we kept getting out-rebounded and then you see four guards out there and it's not real tough.....rotating Weiler-Babb and Haliburton with the three other guards would have worked fine but instead he put the team in a bad situation at all times with NEVER having a second big on the floor.....that is a joke.

Sure, you can go to four guards at times but when you're in a big boys league you have to compete at a big boy level.....Prohm doesn't do that.

Then we once again we got to watch "stand and watch basketball" tonight as he allowed them to spend much of the first half (and many games during the regular season) with four guys on the perimeter just standing and then shooting a three-pointer with only ONE guy underneath to rebound.....we were extremely easy to to guard because our coaching was terrible....we have GREAT players that can drive to the basket in Shayok, Horton-Tucker, and Wigginton who could have been drawing fouls all first half, drawing defense for a miss and easy offensive rebound, or creating wide-open three's but no.....Steve allowed them to stand on the perimeter and shoot NBA three's......live by it and die by it.........

Then let's talk about our defense........Ohio State has a completely mediocre team without Wesson (they lost by 19 without him against Northwestern).....he's clearly their only big-time player......a good coach would double team him every time he touched it and would have forced the rest of the OSU team to beat us......not Steve.....that was just too logical of a thing to do......so he just let Wesson toy with our bigs for most of the game.......it's easy stuff that he just decided not to do.......

If people think this is just reactionary to a tough tourney loss, you don't understand the game......he's the head coach who allowed his team to have problems that led to a 9-9 Big 12 record which is downright embarrassing and now he just led us to a horrific loss to a terrible Ohio State team......if you think he's the guy to lead this program to big-time tourney runs you are wrong.......in fact he took over a program that was loaded with talent and he went to the Sweet 16 with Fred's team......then went to the round of 32, then no tourney, then now we are out in the round of 64.........it's been downhill and in four years he has a 35-37 record in Big 12 league play......that's brutal......ISU has been to the tourney 7 of 8 years but if they want to become an elite program which I believe they can become, they need a new leader.....it's real simple.

Agreed Katie is already in Bama looking for a home

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron