It's official: Tool is in the studio

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The Pot was a revenge song for Limbaugh or somebody like him talking smack about Tool/ Maynard.

Tool always has terrible openers. I think Maynard finds it amusing.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I saw Tool around 2003 at ozzfest in Wisconsin. I'm pretty surprised to read these posts that he sings in the corner and doesn't want to be the focal point. I saw him in 2003 up in Wisconsin, he came out dressed in a blue leisure suit and tv preacher wig holding a bible. He was in full rock god mode, it was magical. Every song he sung as the tv preacher, shaking this bible. I'm a Tool fan but certainly no super fan and yet it was one of my all time favorite concerts. It was also the only show in my life that I was legit scared being in the pit, I backed out a few songs in because it got pretty scary. Maynard even addressed it (as the preacher) mid set to calm things a tad.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
Tried to buy tickets for the Des Moines show at 10 am sharp. Said I was in queue for 2 minutes, then it was completely sold out. Tons of tickets available on resale sites at 10:10 am with a 300% markup. What a joke.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Well I guess we got some tickets for ONLY 70% above list price. Excited to see them in concert.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Tried to buy tickets for the Des Moines show at 10 am sharp. Said I was in queue for 2 minutes, then it was completely sold out. Tons of tickets available on resale sites at 10:10 am with a 300% markup. What a joke.
Didn't get my first or second choice for tickets but just considering myself lucky I got a couple through hyveetix. No way in hell I was going to pay 3X the price. Tool is awesome live but nobody is worth that much.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Didn't get my first or second choice for tickets but just considering myself lucky I got a couple through hyveetix. No way in hell I was going to pay 3X the price. Tool is awesome live but nobody is worth that much.
Ditto. Got nosebleed through hyvee but I guess it's better than paying the outrageous markup on stubhub. I wish they'd make scalping illegal but there's too much money in it now.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

I was on at 10 also trying to get 3 and got the nothing available. Was pissed but tried again over an hour later and found 3 in level 2.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
I was on at 10 also trying to get 3 and got the nothing available. Was pissed but tried again over an hour later and found 3 in level 2.

I tried shortly after my original post and managed to get 2 after refreshing HyVee's POS mobile site 10 times.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I seem to recall a story about A Perfect Circle performing at Stephens when I was at ISU. Something like the crowd booed the opening act so Maynard played the whole set with his back to the crowd?
The sound for that show in Stephens was absolutely incredible. My seat was in one of the pods up and to the side. My body was vibrating the whole show being directly in front of the wall of speakers. A spectacular show and venue.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Saw Tool in CR for the 10,000 Days tour. Opening band was some unknown screaming Japanese thrash something or another. They were not appreciated by the crowd at all, and there was no bonus song encore by Tool. Always wondered if they just don't do encores, or if it was in response to the crowd dissing the opening band.
I also recall that opener being bad. That show is an all timer for me. It was on my birthday and I left with a signed Danny Carey drum head that he frisbee over the crowd at the end.

Reactions: HitItHard58

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
A
Awful lyrics:
The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Vicarious (not a fan of this one)

If we're strictly talking TOOL, 10,000 Days as a whole is my least favorite TOOL album by a pretty wide margin.
I disagree completely here. There may not be a huge amount of songs, but the album is spectacular. Your post **** the bed.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I saw Tool around 2003 at ozzfest in Wisconsin. I'm pretty surprised to read these posts that he sings in the corner and doesn't want to be the focal point. I saw him in 2003 up in Wisconsin, he came out dressed in a blue leisure suit and tv preacher wig holding a bible. He was in full rock god mode, it was magical. Every song he sung as the tv preacher, shaking this bible. I'm a Tool fan but certainly no super fan and yet it was one of my all time favorite concerts. It was also the only show in my life that I was legit scared being in the pit, I backed out a few songs in because it got pretty scary. Maynard even addressed it (as the preacher) mid set to calm things a tad.
A TOOL show pit is a thing of beauty. As rough and tumble as they come, but as soon as someone is in danger, everyone does their part to assist.

Reactions: HitItHard58

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Are you talking about Eat the Elephant or 10,000 Days? I think both had their moments of incredible songs/lyrics, but at the same time they both had some awful songs lyrically.

Great songs:
Jambi, Wings for Marie 1/2, Right in Two
Eat the Elephant, The Doomed, Delicious,

Awful lyrics:
The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Vicarious (not a fan of this one)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, The Contrarian, Get the Lead Out

If we're strictly talking TOOL, 10,000 Days as a whole is my least favorite TOOL album by a pretty wide margin.There are really only 6 songs (Vicarious, Jambi, Wings, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Intension>Right in Two). The mix is awful. You can hear Maynard's multiple vocal tracks aren't synched right on Jambi, same with the Pot. You actually hear the backing tracks before the actual vocals on the Pot. Rosetta Stoned is instrumentally incredible, but lyrically one of the worst songs Maynard has written, second to only the Pot. To me, it felt like they had to release an album per their contract, so they threw together some things they had been working on.

I could talk TOOL/Maynard all day, but at the end of it, I'm extremely excited for this new album. I think they actually put some time into it (13 years since 10,000 Days but they started recording this album just a year ago), at least from an instrumental standpoint. I hope Maynard's lyrics are more introspective instead of straight forward or simple. I hope it's heavy as hell and I hope it is long. Don't feed me 5 songs with 4 filler tracks and leave fans with that taste in their mouths as you ride off into the sunset.

I've said it on other posts, but TOOL has released an album every year I've had something major happen in my life. Every album has helped me cope, grow, move on, enjoy my experiences. I hope this album does the same and continues my love for TOOL instead of putting a cap on my fandom.
I assure you the bold is intentional.

• Agree
Reactions: besserheimerphat

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
13 years. I think they grew up. Adam has a family. Maynard has a family, his winery, restaurants, and other bands. Maynard puts everything he's got into every project he's got. I don't think they really had any urgency. I'm sure they've played with ideas in the 13 years, but I think they probably realized the time they have as individuals left to create something is shrinking. Just my opinion.
It's mostly because Maynard wanted to do other things and Adam and Justin could never finish a song. 13 years of arguing better give me some god damn good music!!!!!!

• Agree
Reactions: Cybyassociation

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron