***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
ISU was thought to be the leader for his commitment from JuCo (along with Juiston) until May, then Will Wade got the LSU job in March. Edwards took a late visit, crystal balls flipped and he committed shortly after.

Then this just happened. related? I'll just let others speculate.

I think the staff cooled on him as well. Probably a good thing too.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Given the uncertainty with Lard I wouldn’t mind seeing ISU going after a big that has to sit out a year. We would be awfully thin in the front court with just Conditt and some underclassmen in 20-21 (unless Solo gets a redshirt this year).

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Given the uncertainty with Lard I wouldn’t mind seeing ISU going after a big that has to sit out a year. We would be awfully thin in the front court with just Conditt and some underclassmen in 20-21 (unless Solo gets a redshirt this year).

The way we’re managing the big guys, our system really only needs two capable guys and maybe a third that can give you spot minutes when you have foul trouble.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The way we’re managing the big guys, our system really only needs two capable guys and maybe a third that can give you spot minutes when you have foul trouble.
True. I wish we utilized multiple personnel groupings for different situations. We seem to like to play small and smaller. It generally works well but I can’t say I don’t miss running with Homan and Vroman at the same time.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

6-0 185 lb guard
In 2 years and 55 career games at BYU averaged 7.4 ppg 2.5 rpg 1.9 apg. 27% 3P shooter.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
True. I wish we utilized multiple personnel groupings for different situations. We seem to like to play small and smaller. It generally works well but I can’t say I don’t miss running with Homan and Vroman at the same time.
I feel like the game has changed so much with the 3 point shot. If we have a big that can shoot the three, I think we'd play 2 bigs either normally or at times. We were very spoiled with a run of Ejim, Hogue, and Niang. Guys who could play in the post and shoot from 3.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I feel like the game has changed so much with the 3 point shot. If we have a big that can shoot the three, I think we'd play 2 bigs either normally or at times. We were very spoiled with a run of Ejim, Hogue, and Niang. Guys who could play in the post and shoot from 3.

https://247sports.com/Player/Luke-Anderson-46039928/

This is why I'm looking forward to this kid. Good shooter and very polished skills. I think he's going to be Prohm's next great find.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
https://247sports.com/Player/Luke-Anderson-46039928/

This is why I'm looking forward to this kid. Good shooter and very polished skills. I think he's going to be Prohm's next great find.
Hopefully that’s true.

I’m optimistic Conditt, Jacobson, and Young can make outside shots. Hogue only made 8 (of 26) in 18 conference games in 2013-14. Ejim made only 18 3Ps in 36 conference games his sophomore and junior seasons, shooting 27.6%.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Didn't Conditt have a 3 point shot in high school? I think I'd expect him more than Solomon to hit some 3s. Zion is another option. I don't know if he will play more wing or post but I know he developed a 3 point shot in high school knowing it is what would get him to D-1.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Here’s first real name i can see ISU getting involved with

Evan Gilyard - UTEP
5-10 160 lb guard
Originally from Chicago (Simeon)

13.6 ppg 3.1 rpg 1.7 apg in 26 mpg 33% career 3P shooter

Sit 1 play 2

Reactions: CyTwins

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Solomon will receive the redshirt. He was well under the criteria, and it should not be difficult to document the medical hardships he has faced for the NCAA.

My worry with him is if he will be 100% again. We got lucky with Naz, who came back stronger than ever, but sometimes guys never recover from cumulative injuries.

I think we have missed him more than we think this year. There were lots of situations we could have used the muscle as MJ got pushed around out there.

Here’s first real name i can see ISU getting involved with

Evan Gilyard - UTEP
5-10 160 lb guard
Originally from Chicago (Simeon)

13.6 ppg 3.1 rpg 1.7 apg in 26 mpg 33% career 3P shooter

Sit 1 play 2

He would be a nice Wigginton or THT replacement on the scholarship chart.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi and burn587

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Don’t know how much interest he’ll have.

4.3 ppg 4.1 rpg in 17 mpg for a 14-18 FGCU team

They lose 6 seniors so he’d have a role on next year’s team.

Can’t believe he was a one time Xavier Commit

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Solomon will receive the redshirt. He was well under the criteria, and it should not be difficult to document the medical hardships he has faced for the NCAA.

My worry with him is if he will be 100% again. We got lucky with Naz, who came back stronger than ever, but sometimes guys never recover from cumulative injuries.

I think we have missed him more than we think this year. There were lots of situations we could have used the muscle as MJ got pushed around out there.

He would be a nice Wigginton or THT replacement on the scholarship chart.

I think Solomon's injury is not a lingering injury. The fact that he did come back and play some after the surgery makes me feel good about it. Teams always have a use for a guy like Solomon. Not the most talented guy but does a lot of things well for us.

Help Support Us

Become a patron