Should Lard play against OSU?

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
So depending on how things go on Saturday, if ISU manages to build a decent margin against OSU, do you let him rest another day to make sure he does not tweak the ankle further?

Or does he need some playing time since he has already missed a lot of games already

Lard needs to be engaged when ISU goes to Lawrence

Think he has gotta get some minutes..

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah need to prep like it's going to be a tough game, because it likely will.

Yeah, it's a typical circle the wagons moment. Condenses the line up. Guarantees playing time to some kids that were looking for their shot. Just need to go into Saturday being as decisive as we were last night. See the opening, exploit the opening. Get the defense out of position and then look for the advantage it creates.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
You're not doing it right if you take anyone for granted.

Agreed. All the OSU team has been hearing for the last 24-48 hours is how screwed they are after the dismissal of three of their players. They might fold on Saturday, but they might come in pissed off and motivated to prove everyone wrong. And I like this ISU team's potential but they have yet to prove that they're good or consistent enough to take any opponent lightly.

As for Lard, I guess it'll be his call like it was last night. He knows his body better than anyone. I hope he's good to go for Saturday to shake off the rust and get back into the flow. Big week coming up.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I think if his ankle is good, you play him even if its only for about 10 minutes. Can't just throw him in against a KU on the road with 2 weeks out. Get his beak wet so he is at least a little bit ready for game play.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames

perfect-strangers.-5278.jpg