MIDWEEK MAILBAG: I'm taking over for this week ... FIRE AWAY

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If ISU has an epic collapse and misses the NCAA Tournament this year will Steve Prohm be on the hot seat?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Which season is more draining to watch as a fan or journalist - ISU football or men's basketball? I think football is difficult because of the week-long layoff between games; that's a long time to let the bad losses fester and you get tired of rehashing whatever went down a day or two after the game. But basketball is tough because the quick turnarounds between games creates a real rollercoaster effect. Do you get to the end of one season feeling like you need a vacation more than the other?

Reactions: cyclones500

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What's the deal with the Terry recruitment?

Who do you think is the first guy to sign for the next basketball class?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
A few years ago, a few buddies added Chris Williams to our twitter DM. It ended up being the Chris Williams who is related to Vanessa Williams and was the star in movies such as Dodgeball (Dwight) and shows such as Silicon Valley (Hoover.)

Little did we know, a friendship would strike. Chris frequently updates us on his travels around the world, has sent us holiday videos (though he refuses to do the eye thing, that goofball) and even given lady advice to folks like @cyfanatic13

The only negative is he isn’t really big in signing autographed dodgeballs unless it’s going towards charity.

Anyhow, I guess my mailbag question is quite simple - If presented with the opportunity, would you steal the Mountaineers gun?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I have a friend. He's a tall guy... 6-foot-7 or so. Dark hair. From southwest Iowa originally but now writes for a central Iowa college sports blog.

What dating advice should I give him?
Your friend's colleagues spouses should have some single friends.

Also, it never hurts to put a potato in your jeans. Of course, I haven't dated in over 20 years so maybe size really doesn't matter anymore.

Reactions: Cytown12

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
How many seasons of basketball does someone have to go through to not completely lose their minds every time something that is not winning by double digits in conference happens?

Reactions: cyhiphopp

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
How many seasons of basketball does someone have to go through to not completely lose their minds every time something that is not winning by double digits in conference happens?

Huh? I think reactions have been pretty levelheaded so far. The team will either be playing in Des Moines in March as a two seed or the season is over and they'll be lucky to make the NIT.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
If you were the coach of the basketball team, would you insert Lindell into the starting lineup? If yes, who would you take out?