Jordan Creek Scheels

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Buddy of mine said the Iowa State selection out at Scheels, while it has always lacked behind the other school, has gone to complete **** now. Says there is even a large KU section, right next to Iowa State’s, and that the Iowa State gear isn’t even Nike or UA, rather Ridell type stuff.

Can anyone confirm or deny? If this is confirmed, does anybody know what the hell is going on? Is there a rift between our AD and Scheels, or what?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Seems like there is a decent amount of stuff usually. Less than Iowa but still a good amount.

I went probably 7-10 days and there was hardly nothing there. I assume it was due to holiday and bowl game.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Seems like there is a decent amount of stuff usually. Less than Iowa but still a good amount.

I went probably 7-10 days and there was hardly nothing there. I assume it was due to holiday and bowl game.

Can maybe understand post holiday/bowl game rush depleting their stock, but a large Kansas section???

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
Sounds like these “other teams” has some slow moving stock. Scheels needs to figure out how to allocate more shelf space to the stuff that sells.

Move that slow moving stuff to the back corner.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I was there the day after Christmas, and also just yesterday. The day after Christmas, they were really low on Iowa State stuff...seems like a good amount of empty shelves. Yesterday, they were full, but not a lot of variety at all. (The Iowa State hats I saw were trucker hats, and most of the sweatshirts were the crewnecks that just say "State" across the front that go for $60 or something like that) It isn't a "We hate Iowa State" thing, it's a post-Christmas inventory thing. Most retail stores do their annual inventory about this time, and I'm guessing a) You don't want to order a bunch of new inventory that you have to account for, and b) It's a lot easier to inventory stock on the floor than stock that's in the back rooms. I would suggest you wait until later this month or early February to judge what they have/don't have.

And yes, there was some Kansas stuff displayed right on the main first floor aisle, but it was only one end cap. I wouldn't get up in arms about it.

• Useful
Reactions: rbrook and harimad

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Buddy of mine said the Iowa State selection out at Scheels, while it has always lacked behind the other school, has gone to complete **** now. Says there is even a large KU section, right next to Iowa State’s, and that the Iowa State gear isn’t even Nike or UA, rather Ridell type stuff.

Can anyone confirm or deny? If this is confirmed, does anybody know what the hell is going on? Is there a rift between our AD and Scheels, or what?
Your buddy is wrong. I was there early Dec and right before we went to the bowl game.
Iowa probably has 60/40 merchandise there over us but there is Retro, Nike, UA, Columbia ISU stuff. There are other cheaper brands too.

• Agree
Reactions: swessball

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Without revealing too much, I work there, and pretty much everything was gone before Christmas due to Bowl game hype and the holidays.

Not a lot of people buy the KU stuff, and it’s not a big section of it either. It’s maybe 2 t-shirts and basketball jerseys and that’s it

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

It is complete garbage for selection but so is the ****'s just down the street. I was at both places earlier this week trying to find a Nike ISU pullover that I saw some people wearing in San Antonio and was really disappointed with the selection.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I don’t know why anyone would buy anything from that place. All the hot gear is online and can be found for MUCH cheaper.
Agreed. Not sure the last time I actually bought ISU gear in a store. Between fanatics and cy’s locker room, you can find whatever you need.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I don’t know why anyone would buy anything from that place. All the hot gear is online and can be found for MUCH cheaper.

Same for Cys Locker Room, to be honest. I knwo they have a huge selection of official Nike gear but once I found a 89.95 quarter-zip at JCP for $59.99 on sale.

4 cyclones

Jul 25, 2016
It is complete garbage for selection but so is the ****'s just down the street. I was at both places earlier this week trying to find a Nike ISU pullover that I saw some people wearing in San Antonio and was really disappointed with the selection.

If it was a quarter zip pullover, it was at scheels and gone quickly

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I was there yesterday, gave an associate crap about the KU gear (wouldn't call it a large selection) he said they always sell KU gear when they come to Hilton. He also said that they got wiped out of ISU gear before the bowl game. They typically have a nice selection.

• Informative
Reactions: enisthemenace

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
They've always had Kansas gear. The other NCAA teams didn't use to be so close to the Iowa State gear. It was next to the pro gear.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA

That’s definitely wrong they have the same section they’ve had forever and it’s got plenty of under armor and Nike gear there