Jordan Creek Scheels

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If it was a quarter zip pullover, it was at scheels and gone quickly

I actually found it today at an undisclosed location but didn't have my cc with me. Hopefully my size will still be available when I get back there next week.

I'm not sure what quarter zip pullover it was, but it's a pet peeve of mine that they don't get more of a product that sells out fast. Obviously the product was a popular item so why not get more.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I drove to Urbandale and back today from Lawrence, KS and stopped at Scheels to look for gear. The selection sucked. Just like it did before Christmas. Bowl game or not, Scheels in WDM used to be my go to for ISU gear, especially Nike, but I've bought more ISU Nike stuff at the Scheels in Overland Park in the last year than I have in DSM.

Also, the ku section isn't huge, but it wasn't "a couple of shirts and some shirts."

We also stopped at Tasty Tacos, so the trip wasn't a complete loss.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm not sure what quarter zip pullover it was, but it's a pet peeve of mine that they don't get more of a product that sells out fast. Obviously the product was a popular item so why not get more.

Most of that stuff is ordered 9 months in advance by retailers and Nike/UA make very little extra.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Most of that stuff is ordered 9 months in advance by retailers and Nike/UA make very little extra.

To me it's bad business to not restock and sell a popular product. Milk that **** until there's no demand.

I was so pissed and disappointed at the ISU selection when I left Scheels, ****'s and the Nike store in WDM that I started entertaining the idea of starting my own store to sell ISU merchandise. Still entertaining the idea.

• Agree
Reactions: enisthemenace

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
To me it's bad business to not restock and sell a popular product. Milk that **** until there's no demand.

Probably true, but the product doesn't exist and would take way too long to reproduce it.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Scheels is dumb. I really don’t get why they bother stocking their shelves with Oregon Ducks or Michigan Wolverine stuff in an Iowa store. I can’t believe that would hardly sell but I guess I could be wrong. Large fits me perfectly for about everything in Nike so I always just order online 99% of the time.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Last time I was there was about a week after the Alamo announcement and there was ISU gear everywhere, and lots of Alamo Bowl shirts. I don't know why people take this stuff personally. They are a business that wants to make money. It's not personal. If they are running low on ISU gear there was a big run on it over the holiday season. I imagine there is only so much inventory they can get on a short term basis to react to the hype of a really good year.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
They sold out I asked someone right before Christmas. Usually it’s decent but Iowa definitely has better selection.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Scheels is dumb. I really don’t get why they bother stocking their shelves with Oregon Ducks or Michigan Wolverine stuff in an Iowa store. I can’t believe that would hardly sell but I guess I could be wrong. Large fits me perfectly for about everything in Nike so I always just order online 99% of the time.

You get the young kids that think their stuff is cool and parents buy it