Status
Not open for further replies.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
BvKQELs.png

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So my main door (and the only door I use) is a patio door I’m my kitchen. It goes out to the back deck then I can swing right around the side of the building to the front. There’s a wooded area behind the patio. Big enough where it looks like a legit woods in the summer and fall and small enough that when all the leaves are down in the winter you can kind of see through it to the other side. No walking paths or anything. Just wooded area. In fact, it’s very hard to walk through from the ground cover and fallen trees. Attaching a picture I took of the snowpacalypse that shut down the city for three days last month so you can get an idea.

9DDC1A30-FCA5-4E0F-9B5D-27A1F7A98A87.jpeg

Anyway, Riley loves laying by the door and looking out. He’ll even go in between the glass and the curtain when it’s closed. So, it was a beautiful day today, so I just opened up the door as I did dishes so Riley could hang around out there. He tooled around for a minute and then laid down outside, but right at the door. After a few minutes, he kept looking at the gate, then started barking. Not like, an aggressive bark, but a soft one, kind of like a warning bark you might hear from a dog. I go out there to check it out. Nothing. I go back to do dishes. Riley keeps looking and barking, then comes in and gets right at my feet and won’t leave my side.

I shut the door, close the curtain, move on with my life.

So tonight, as I step outside to go to the gym, it just reaks of cigarettes. Now that doesn’t necessarily mean anything, it could be anyone walking by in the front, but I’ve never smelled it in my two months I’ve lived here. So I look out to the wooded area as I’m walking out and sure as ****, right in the middle of the wooded area, I see a red cigarette butt just glowing brightly in the dark. And it wasn’t moving.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
So my main door (and the only door I use) is a patio door I’m my kitchen. It goes out to the back deck then I can swing right around the side of the building to the front. There’s a wooded area behind the patio. Big enough where it looks like a legit woods in the summer and fall and small enough that when all the leaves are down in the winter you can kind of see through it to the other side. No walking paths or anything. Just wooded area. In fact, it’s very hard to walk through from the ground cover and fallen trees. Attaching a picture I took of the snowpacalypse that shut down the city for three days last month so you can get an idea.

View attachment 61307

Anyway, Riley loves laying by the door and looking out. He’ll even go in between the glass and the curtain when it’s closed. So, it was a beautiful day today, so I just opened up the door as I did dishes so Riley could hang around out there. He tooled around for a minute and then laid down outside, but right at the door. After a few minutes, he kept looking at the gate, then started barking. Not like, an aggressive bark, but a soft one, kind of like a warning bark you might hear from a dog. I go out there to check it out. Nothing. I go back to do dishes. Riley keeps looking and barking, then comes in and gets right at my feet and won’t leave my side.

So tonight, as I step outside to go to the gym, it just reaks of cigarettes. Now that doesn’t necessarily mean anything, it could be anyone walking by in the front, but I’ve never smelled it in my two months I’ve lived here. So I look out to the wooded area as I’m walking out and sure as ****, right in the middle of the wooded area, I see a red cigarette butt just glowing brightly in the dark. And it wasn’t moving.

That's scary

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

View attachment 61307

Welp been nice knowing you. So do you have a homeless person camping in your woods?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Made it back to the house without being murdered. Didn’t see anything or smell anything. Should be fun letting Riley out there in the pitch black at 1am tonight.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyrevkah

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Busy day today. Got a bunch of customer letters ready to mail out. Got my walk in even though it was colder today than yesterday, didn't seem as bad because there wasn't any wind.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

View attachment 61307

You ded

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

View attachment 61307

giphy.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does Pants have anything worthwhile to claim. I have a feeling it’s cases of dikpiks and have no interest

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

View attachment 61307

Classic window peeper perv. Probably gets off on tree trunk legs.

And it could be a she and a redhead!

005.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Does Pants have anything worthwhile to claim. I have a feeling it’s cases of dikpiks and have no interest

Outside of my dog and my liquor, not really. I tend to get rid of everything whenever I move and start over, and I’ve moved a lot in the last four or five years.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'd be tempted to get a trail cam or something.

I stay at a spot in the northwoods that's real remote and people ask me if I'm concerned about black bears, wolves, etc. coming around and I'd take one of those passing through any day (and I just like seeing forest friends) over some random human who knows exactly what they're doing.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tom Herman said this is the most influential senior class in his tenure at Texas. WOW!!! He has been there two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron