Alright WSU fan here

Jack Gladney

Oct 31, 2017
What a story this year has been after losing 6 position caches, the top 2 wr, 3 lineman the pac 12 all time passing leader and the top 2 backs. Then losing the starting qb to suiced in Feb. this team was to win 4 games and picked 5th in the north and we are here. Minshew brought this game together like no one else could. Also proved that leach has built depth and a solid program

As long as you keep Mike Leach, you're going to be competitive. He just knows too much about how to get the ball into the end zone. Its in his DNA.

BTW - has anyone mentioned to you that Iowa State fans like Mike Leach?

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about this game. Our D has been leaky as of late, and Uncle Rico over in Pullman has been out of his mind this year. Nobody throws for 4,500+ yards/35+ TDs by accident, even if their conference isn't the best out there (Larry Scott doing his absolute best keeping them dumpstered year after year). Their defensive stats are very similar to ours over the season, and I also believe they run a similar scheme -- it won't be a surprise to them.

I have a feeling that it'll be a shootout, and we will have to be damned sharp on offense to keep up with them. .
Game can be like ISU vs WV, or ISU vs TX. Don't expect an in between.

John Adams

Nov 1, 2018
I don't think that's fair to Washington State. It doesn't really seem like they're bitter to play us, it's that they'd rather be in a NY6 bowl and felt they had a chance to be there. And if their situation happened to us we'd be acting the exact same way.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
You forgot the NCAA sanctions Criner left him with. He didn't have a chance.

Edit: But he could have given Troy the ball a few more times....
This x1000

How do you keep an eventual back-to-back 2,000 yr rusher and Heisman finalist on the bench in the midst of an 0-10-1 season??

(Davis should've won that Heisman, btw)

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
As long as you keep Mike Leach, you're going to be competitive. He just knows too much about how to get the ball into the end zone. Its in his DNA.

BTW - has anyone mentioned to you that Iowa State fans like Mike Leach?

I think CFB fans like Leach in general. I mean, what's not to like? I never hear tired coach-speak from the guy, in fact he seems to enjoy going waaaaay off script. And he's a smart guy so he can pull it off. His offense is fun to watch and he wins. Plus, it's fun to watch Taco Tech fail because Craig James big timed Leach. They've never recovered...

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Ft Worth is like 5 hours from Houston. It's an advantage, but I wouldn't put it on the list.

TCU wouldn't have been in that game if the SEC had enough teams qualify for bowls.

It's a common theme with ISU's recent bowl games:
2004 - Miami U. filled an SEC spot in Shreveport.
2005 - TCU filled an SEC spot in Houston.
2012 - Iowa State filled an SEC spot in Memphis.
2017 - Memphis filled an SEC spot in Memphis.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron