Haliburton Breaks Heft's Assist Record

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I love how the picture on cyclones.com is of him stuffing some fool. You have to appreciate the irony of the assist record and headline coupled with that picture.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Kid is the steal of this class. This will probably end up being the best class in Iowa State history. Talen is as advertised, Conditt is ahead of schedule, Griffin looks like he’s coming around after being injured and Haliburton is a stud.

Yeah, I think the only problem (if you can call it that) is that we won't get THT and Haliburton for 4 years. I would say THT stays for 2, Haliburton for 3, although it wouldn't totally surprise me if he left next year also.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
In the post-game press conference, he said that he told Heft this week that he would break the record.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Yeah, I think the only problem (if you can call it that) is that we won't get THT and Haliburton for 4 years. I would say THT stays for 2, Haliburton for 3, although it wouldn't totally surprise me if he left next year also.

THT. well, maybe. He is very good around the basket, but he also needs to have a much better outside shot and learn to play within himself at times. Pretty amazing for a freshman, but still has a ways to go. Haliburton, love the kid, but not sure he will be strong enough to play pro ever, but we will see. His odd release on his shot will not help him a lot either.

Not that I don't like the guys, they are both going to be great college players. Just a long leap from college to the pros.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
In the post-game press conference, he said that he told Heft this week that he would break the record.

The funny thing was you could just see him passing up open looks or driving to the basket and then throwing the little dump off pass for the layup instead of taking the shot. Anyone that can make that happen on the fly is one heck of a basketball player. And he was smiling the whole time.