Jack Campbell

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
First his methods are outdated. Evidence? Evidence is contrary. Damn. Time to move the goal posts.

He grinds them down through the year. Evidence? Iowa generally plays well at the end of the season. Damn. Time to move the goal posts.

But Iowa is bad in bowl games! You may have finally set them are the right spot. It isn't bowl prep. It isn't game planning. Its clearly S&C! Keep moving those goalposts.

Nevermind Iowa famously builds underrecruited players into good football players. Josie Jewell didn't put up big combine numbers!? Nevermind Iowa was his only offer out of HS and ended up a consensus AA. Nevermind Iowa puts a ton of players into the NFL and they credit the guy to a man. Ignore it all--Iowa doesn't show up for bowl games and that's evidence he's considered crappy and out if touch around the country.

All the BS on this board spewed anytime someone doesn't wear ISU blinders is pathetic. The perception that ISU fans are Kool aid drinkers is alive and well in this thread.

“Why does everyone think I’m a Hawk fan?”

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
He wishes. Honestly I wonder if he's actually an ISU fan trying to make Hawkeye fans look dumb

This is one of the more creative assertions I have seen on CF in a long while. If that is his play, he’s doing a masterful job.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
Now he's just another Hawkeye, lets move on. He probably was a hawk fan growing up. We'll fine better! Have faith in CMC!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Definitely stinks losing a top in-state prospect but it's good to keep perspective.

I'm sure ISU will end up with a few other mid-ranked 3 star LBs.

yes, it stinks that ISU couldn't get a highly rated in state guy, but the lifetime fan of the other team is pretty hard to overcome. Can't blame a kid for following his dreams. CMC has a plan B,C and D for this. ISU will be fine in the end.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
All D1 programs in the state have to offer any in-state youngster projected to possess the talent to compete at that level. To not do so encourages criticisms from all quarters. There are usually many equal or better talented prospects to offer and accept commitments from; regardless of where they take residence.

Denison's Brandon Scherff, who chose Iowa over Iowa State, is oft mentioned as "opportunity lost" for ISU due to the contention that he had been a lifelong fan of the Cyclones. One has to admit Brandon enjoyed an outstanding college career, subsequently chosen high in the NFL draft. It's indisputable that he'd have been a tremendous asset to the Iowa State teams.

In his five years at Iowa, Scherff participated in three in-state rival games. In a twist of fate, following the conclusion of two of the three matchups, Brandon was forced to suffer watching the boys in the cardinal and gold claim the Cy-Hawk trophy.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
In a twist of fate, following the conclusion of two of the three matchups, Brandon was forced to suffer watching the boys in the cardinal and gold claim the Cy-Hawk trophy.
Who gives a ****? I'm guessing when he was playing 13 games each year he didn't mind.

If you're using the CyHawk game as a measurement of anything it means your team sucks.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
I just worry about Twins. MC really wanted this guy. So to not only lose him to the bad guys, but to lose him to the bad guys specifically because of Doyle... of course it hurts.

I'm sure MC will be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
“Why does everyone think I’m a Hawk fan?”

Because certain people have zero objectivity and lose their minds at the mere mention of the school to the east.

I say his methods are outdated because Iowa was a good program in the 2000s and now has what, one top 25 finish in the last decade? Maybe it's not him and maybe it's recruiting or Ferentz I don't know. I could see how you could argue it's not his fault but I'm not just throwing stuff against the wall there

Iowa generally plays well at the end of the season? Have you been living under a rock for a decade Iowa gets it's doors blown off the last game of the season every year

If it's true they get ground down wouldn't you see it over the last several games and not just in the last game? Nevermind that it's played 4-6 weeks after the other games and players get a ton of time off during that time? Heck, even at that they won 3 of their last 4 in 2016 and their last 2 in 2017, and dominated the 2nd half of their bowl game. Doesn't seem like evidence supports your theory.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
All D1 programs in the state have to offer any in-state youngster projected to possess the talent to compete at that level. To not do so encourages criticisms from all quarters. There are usually many equal or better talented prospects to offer and accept commitments from; regardless of where they take residence.

Denison's Brandon Scherff, who chose Iowa over Iowa State, is oft mentioned as "opportunity lost" for ISU due to the contention that he had been a lifelong fan of the Cyclones. One has to admit Brandon enjoyed an outstanding college career, subsequently chosen high in the NFL draft. It's indisputable that he'd have been a tremendous asset to the Iowa State teams.

In his five years at Iowa, Scherff participated in three in-state rival games. In a twist of fate, following the conclusion of two of the three matchups, Brandon was forced to suffer watching the boys in the cardinal and gold claim the Cy-Hawk trophy.
Hasn't it been said (maybe by Chris) that we didn't offer him? Not sure if it was Chiz or Rhoads at the time, but they wanted to go after guys from Texas and Florida. So glad Campbell is recruiting Iowa more than the previous staffs were

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
Hasn't it been said (maybe by Chris) that we didn't offer him? Not sure if it was Chiz or Rhoads at the time, but they wanted to go after guys from Texas and Florida. So glad Campbell is recruiting Iowa more than the previous staffs were
I've heard they botched his recruitment too.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Because certain people have zero objectivity and lose their minds at the mere mention of the school to the east.

If it's true they get ground down wouldn't you see it over the last several games and not just in the last game? Nevermind that it's played 4-6 weeks after the other games and players get a ton of time off during that time? Heck, even at that they won 3 of their last 4 in 2016 and their last 2 in 2017, and dominated the 2nd half of their bowl game. Doesn't seem like evidence supports your theory.

Iowa sucks at the end of the season and has for the last decade. That's a fact. I don't know why you're defending against facts about a team you apparently don't even like

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
First his methods are outdated. Evidence? Evidence is contrary. Damn. Time to move the goal posts.

He grinds them down through the year. Evidence? Iowa generally plays well at the end of the season. Damn. Time to move the goal posts.

But Iowa is bad in bowl games! You may have finally set them are the right spot. It isn't bowl prep. It isn't game planning. Its clearly S&C! Keep moving those goalposts.

Nevermind Iowa famously builds underrecruited players into good football players. Josie Jewell didn't put up big combine numbers!? Nevermind Iowa was his only offer out of HS and ended up a consensus AA. Nevermind Iowa puts a ton of players into the NFL and they credit the guy to a man. Ignore it all--Iowa doesn't show up for bowl games and that's evidence he's considered crappy and out if touch around the country.

All the BS on this board spewed anytime someone doesn't wear ISU blinders is pathetic. The perception that ISU fans are Kool aid drinkers is alive and well in this thread.

Well, that would be the perspective of a NE Iowa Hawk fan. This isn't the right board for knob slobbering Iowa football, you should post your admiration on one of the Hawk boards.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well, that would be the perspective of a NE Iowa Hawk fan. This isn't the right board for knob slobbering Iowa football, you should post your admiration on one of the Hawk boards.

He's not even making sense. Iowa was a good program in the 2000s and have only had one top 25 finish since and routinely gets embarrassed in bowl games while looking physically out matched. I'm not sure how an ISU can defend a poor S&C coach like Doyle against those results

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy