Jack Campbell

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Well if we're ignoring scoreboard for both sports, the next tie breaker would be total wins. Since that's tied in football, I'll give you the 32 more votes ISU received in the football final poll as the tie breaker there. Since that's not applicable in bball, but total wins is, Iowa was the better bball team last season.

• Disagree
Reactions: Clonefan93

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Well if we're ignoring scoreboard for both sports, the next tie breaker would be total wins. Since that's tied in football, I'll give you the 32 more votes ISU received in the football final poll as the tie breaker there. Since that's not applicable in bball, but total wins is, Iowa was the better bball team last season.

LOL Hawk bball fans grasping for straws. Hilarious. I wouldn't worry about Fran is probably gonna land an absolute stud 5th year transfer who wouldn't want to come play in Carver???

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Yikes

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Well ISU was the better team last season and as long as CMC is here I expect that to continue
prc.gif

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
The Hawk fans were the one that derailed it. I pointed out a simple fact about their S&C coach and they still worship him for some odd reason

Hmmmm.... if we go back and watch the tape from last September's game I don't think I see any issue with Iowa's S&C and that was a hot day on the field.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hmmmm.... if we go back and watch the tape from last September's game I don't think I see any issue with Iowa's S&C and that was a hot day on the field.

Iowa generally plays it's best at the beginning of the season before wearing down and it's your Super Bowl but OK

• Funny

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO

You sure? I specifically remember David Montgomery tossing a defender off of him like a rag doll and trucking Iowa's All-American LB en route to a TD..

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Ok, dare I go back on topic? Obviously there is some value to getting in state guys. We lost this one. But I see Vance, Rose and Cordarrius Bailey on roster at LB, all "rated" higher per 247 composite. Plus we have Harvey yet for 2018 and Spears for two more years. Hummel has already shown his ability exceeds his pre-college rating. Tymar Sutton also gets reviews from the coaches indicating better than expected results so far.

Bottom line: Campbell would have been nice but IMO not like we are hurting for talent at LB. Now, if Lakia Henry picks those guys in Ames, .... :):):):):)

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Iowa generally plays it's best at the beginning of the season before wearing down and it's your Super Bowl but OK

I embrace the Super Bowl! Super Bowl 42 I think this one will be. Love the game and the interest it gets from the casual fans in the state. Hoping they peg it for an evening finish and not that 11am crap like last year.

And Nebraska would beg to differ (as would the Buckeyes) that the Hawks wore down at the end of the season. What the Hawks were not was consistent. Young teams will be inconsistent in their execution.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Hasn't it been said (maybe by Chris) that we didn't offer him? Not sure if it was Chiz or Rhoads at the time, but they wanted to go after guys from Texas and Florida. So glad Campbell is recruiting Iowa more than the previous staffs were

I've heard they botched his recruitment too.

It was the same thing with the Van Sloten kid from Decorah. He didn't go on to have the impact Scherf did, but he was a multiple year starter for Iowa. He was an ISU legacy and fan his entire life and he didn't get the time of day from our coaching staff. We were having a hard enough time getting traction in-state without pissing away legit D1 talent that actually wanted to go to ISU.

I'm glad the Matt Campbell is willing to stand toe to toe in-state or nationally, and not afraid to be told no.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe and NWICY

yowza

Jun 2, 2016

And that quote from Huskers D Coordinator of a couple years ago is the gift that kept on giving. Iowa practices must be blood baths. Hawks didn't wear out. They were inconsistent.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And that quote from Huskers D Coordinator of a couple years ago is the gift that kept on giving. Iowa practices must be blood baths. Hawks didn't wear out. They were inconsistent.

I think we can all agree Nebraska is terrible