Cryptocurrency

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Gotcha. Well good luck, I hope it does for your sake. That ponzi screwed a lot of good people over. And the shills on YouTube touting it even STILL deserve a slow death.

Hey there buddy, if you refer to page one of this thread you'll find that YouTube is the #1 place to learn about crypto and anyone who thinks that is naive is an old Fuddy Duddy.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Hey there buddy, if you refer to page one of this thread you'll find that YouTube is the #1 place to learn about crypto and anyone who thinks that is naive is an old Fuddy Duddy.
FUD!!

There are some decent crypto channels on YouTube, but if they are blasting off on a certain coin or coins, you are probably only getting propaganda from someone benefitting from it. Info in general can be good, but you should always be double and triple checking the validity.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
FUD!!

There are some decent crypto channels on YouTube, but if they are blasting off on a certain coin or coins, you are probably only getting propaganda from someone benefitting from it. Info in general can be good, but you should always be double and triple checking the validity.
Yeah I stopped watching those types of youtubers (cryptonick and Trevon James). I wonder if anyone will take legal action against them

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...s-ransomware-cybercrminals-malware-developers

Bitcoin’s price swings are so huge that even ransomware developers are dialling back their reliance on the currency, according to researchers at cybersecurity firm Proofpoint.

Over the last quarter of 2017, researchers saw a fall of 73% in payment demands denominated in bitcoin. When demanding money to unlock a victim’s data, cybercriminals are now more likely to simply ask for a figure in US dollars, or a local currency, than specify a sum of bitcoin.

Just like conventional salespeople, ransomware developers pay careful attention to the prices they charge. Some criminals offer discounts depending on the region the victim is in, offering cheaper unlocking to residents of developing nations, while others use an escalating price to encourage users to pay quickly and without overthinking things.

Well, there goes another use that an ordinary person would have for bitcoin

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Another thing people really like about using cryptos to move money is low transaction fee's, we as a world paid 96 trillion in transaction fees because lets face it banks are the only choice. If we would have only used Eth to transfer money the total transaction fees would have been 2 trillion (unless you used more gas/ether to get your transaction picked up quicker). That is lot of money back in the world economy.
Yes, because banks are not part of the world economy.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/18/16905040/bitcoin-crash-cryptocurrency-value-ethereum-regulation

Definitely not for the squeamish investor. I know now that I won't be a millionaire overnight - but I did become a soon to be multi-millionaire by investing in (mostly) quality stocks over 30 years. I always felt time was on my side.

I tried that stock thing. They said I could make a bunch of money. Then, in an instant, it was gone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madoff_investment_scandal

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines
Yes, because banks are not part of the world economy.

I'm more thinking about how companies pay service fee's for credit card use, or people who wire money back home to their families bay huge transaction fee's because there is no other option. Banks are apart of the economy - but with out competition they have been able to get away with a monopoly on how we move money. If you look at IOTA, it has no transaction fees, while I doubt banks will move to that specifically but I believe it will reduce what we as the average person has to pay.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Isn’t that exactly what he did?

yes, he said stocks were bad because one guy ran a ponzi scheme and people lost money. the stock market didn't lose people money, it was the criminal activity of one man who robbed a few hand-selected clients. the stock market had nothing to do with it.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
yes, he said stocks were bad because one guy ran a ponzi scheme and people lost money. the stock market didn't lose people money, it was the criminal activity of one man who robbed a few hand-selected clients. the stock market had nothing to do with it.
And bitconnect was a ponzi and was the activity of 1 company. Stock markets go up and down just like the crypto market. Corruption is alive and well in both markets.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron