Cryptocurrency

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Literally every coin in the top 100 is up 15%+. Interested to see what bitconnect will do, it's up 400% on the day.

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If bitcoin folks want it to catch on with the masses, the transaction fees needs to diminish drastically. One reason dollars work is the basic 0 transaction fee makes them acceptable to people. If you had to spend twenty five cents for every dollar you procured from the bank or government, you'd find something else to barter with. Credit cards found out that a 2-3% fee will work (they were competing with checks and not cash) and became a major player.

• Agree
Reactions: SoapyCy

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
If bitcoin folks want it to catch on with the masses, the transaction fees needs to diminish drastically. One reason dollars work is the basic 0 transaction fee makes them acceptable to people. If you had to spend twenty five cents for every dollar you procured from the bank or government, you'd find something else to barter with. Credit cards found out that a 2-3% fee will work (they were competing with checks and not cash) and became a major player.

Well, then they charge a solid 15-25% to those that can’t pay them in FULL. Which is lovely.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
BLCN
BLOK

Two Blockchain ETFs that started trading today.
"..
Reality Shares Advisors and Amplify Trust ETF launched the first blockchain-based exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange Arca today.

Both funds went live on their respective exchanges at 9:30 a.m. EST. Reality Shares' Nasdaq NextGen Economy ETF (BLCN) opened at $24.20, while Amplify's Transformational Data Sharing ETF (BLOK) started closer to $20.

Both ETFs will exclusively invest in blockchain-based companies, according to a previous CoinDesk article. When the prospectuses were first filed in November 2017, the companies noted that investing in blockchain startups could be risky, as there are few regulations on the technology and companies may not necessarily turn a profit..."

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Well you said you didn’t buy in, right? So who was? A ton of people lost a bunch of money.
I invested into the leading platform last month (this is why BCC has crashed). It seemed like easy money at the time, I was wrong lol. At least they refunded us.

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I invested into the leading platform last month (this is why BCC has crashed). It seemed like easy money at the time, I was wrong lol. At least they refunded us.

You actually got your money back? Or did they give you bitconnect coins?

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
They gave everyone bitconnect coins, really hoping the price will bounce up so I can sell.

Gotcha. Well good luck, I hope it does for your sake. That ponzi screwed a lot of good people over. And the shills on YouTube touting it even STILL deserve a slow death.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I wonder if this is kind of like the daily fantasy sports boom, where the real money ended up being in advising rather than the actually gambling part.

• Winner
Reactions: TykeClone

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I wonder if this is kind of like the daily fantasy sports boom, where the real money ended up being in advising rather than the actually gambling part.

Or in anything, really. Teaching (or pretending to) and “helping invest” will always be the safer, more profitable way of doing business. Well, not ALWAYS more profitable, but most of the time.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc