The “Push”

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Dribbling and catching the ball is part of the sport. ISU is pretty good at that. Iowa is off the charts bad and possibly the only point guard free team I remember seeing. End of analysis.
Our guys can dribble AND catch the ball, is there a Hornung Award equivalent for basketball because that is the definition of versatility.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
There are two people in the wrong in all of this, Nick Trankamp employee of Central DeWitt Community Schools and Travis Justice employee of KXNO.

Certainly not Pemsl for going hard after a rebound and ending up in the stands (hopefully his injury ends up not being serious) and none of the students standing in the first row.

Central Community Schools in Elkader, IA

• Agree
Reactions: KennyPratt42

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
This clown shouldn't be a Superintendent/Elementary Principal anymore. Calling out and bullying other kids via social media. Real professional of you, Nick!
Xh5GQvYVS08Fi4tS.jpg

0:02
Nick Trenkamp @Trenkamp79
This Clown should be kicked out of the game
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

I got him for you guys.. don't worry. He's the clown.

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Zach Brehmer‏ @Zbrehmer3 now3 seconds ago
Zach Brehmer Retweeted Nick Trenkamp

This clown shouldn't be a Superintendent/Elementary Principal anymore. Calling out and bullying other kids via social media. Real professional of you, Nick!
Xh5GQvYVS08Fi4tS.jpg

0:02
Nick Trenkamp @Trenkamp79
This Clown should be kicked out of the game
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

I got him for you guys.. don't worry. He's the clown.
I was reading through that thread, it's funny how the only person he didn't seem to respond to in his mentions was the actual kid he was suggesting is a "Clown" after the kid tried to explain himself.

• Agree
Reactions: ZB4CY

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I was in the ISUCF'V'MB and we traveled to Kinnick in 2000 and 2002 while I was in band. We had full cans of beer thrown at the band and full drinks poured on us from the student section one year. So that was fun. My section prepped to go on the field for pregame right in front of the student section as well and I told my band mates to stay as far away from the stands as possible or they would take your horn, hat, whatever they could get their hands on. Some of the smaller female section members were visibly shaken.

After both games, we walked back to our buses through tailgating lots and had grown ass adults yelling obscenities. It didn't help that Seneca undressed the hoks in the second half in 2002.

So any high an mighty hawk fans who think their fans are so classy, can suck a fat one.

Ah, memories... That was the day I learned to hate Herky.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
I was in the ISUCF'V'MB and we traveled to Kinnick in 2000 and 2002 while I was in band. We had full cans of beer thrown at the band and full drinks poured on us from the student section one year. So that was fun. My section prepped to go on the field for pregame right in front of the student section as well and I told my band mates to stay as far away from the stands as possible or they would take your horn, hat, whatever they could get their hands on. Some of the smaller female section members were visibly shaken.

After both games, we walked back to our buses through tailgating lots and had grown ass adults yelling obscenities. It didn't help that Seneca undressed the hoks in the second half in 2002.

So any high an mighty hawk fans who think their fans are so classy, can suck a fat one.
I was in ISUCF"V"MB from 95-99. We paraded to the stadium even before the stadium opened my first year there to avoid assaults form drunk Iowa fans. Open full cans of beer thrown at us (get the impact of a full can hitting you plus the spilled beer on your uniform without the benefit of being able to pick it up and drink it). Quarters were thrown at us. Yelled at constantly. I grew up a Hawk fan. One game at their stadium, and I can never cheer for that team again. This "push" was nothing.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
That's about the most generic comment possible. I have no idea if he's saying the fan is in the wrong or if he's saying, "I can't believe you posted this." Seems about right for a generic Hawkeye basketball player.

Read his comments under the tweet... easy to tell which option he feels.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Just listening to that dbag Travis Justice on the Morning Rush.

Immediately calls for the kid to never be allowed in Hilton again. If I hadn't already seen the video, I'd think "the push" was the most egregious thing of all time.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
This thread is fantastic. And, more confirmation that choosing to not be on Twitter is a very good decision for me.

It was such a non-event, that I didn't think anything other than "that's gotta hurt, wracking your shin on the media table - hope Pemsl is OK" when my daughter and I were watching and saw all of the replays.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78 and srjclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron