Tiger is back!

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Tiger is back playing in his Hero World Challenge. He's looking pretty good so far. Hope he can play a lot this year. Should be fun to watch. Still don't think he's going to beat Jack.
Is this even a question at this point?

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Still don't think he's going to beat Jack.

Is this even a question at this point?

Yeah, even if I had any confidence that his back won't cause him any more problems it'd still be an extremely long shot considering his age, his constant tinkering with his swing, and a deeper field now than he ever competed against at the height of his career.

All that said, America loves itself a good redemption story. If he's finally healthy and in a good spot mentally, it'll be fun to see him back on the course.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Looking good so far. When he gets in a pickle has been able to get out of it.

I'll admit 100% I'm a Tiger guy. Always have been. His personal life was a disaster, but damn golf is just different with him around. Would love to see him get another major, but not holding my breath. There is something about watching someone or a team dominate in sports for so long. You either love it or hate it, but you watch it.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Looking good so far. When he gets in a pickle has been able to get out of it.

I'll admit 100% I'm a Tiger guy. Always have been. His personal life was a disaster, but damn golf is just different with him around. Would love to see him get another major, but not holding my breath. There is something about watching someone or a team dominate in sports for so long. You either love it or hate it, but you watch it.

Sure, I get it. You don't have to like the guy and I absolutely get why you wouldn't, but you have to acknowledge that he's a compelling figure. For a lot of casual golf fans, he just makes a tournament more interesting.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Love it, swing looks pretty smooth and comfortable from what I've watched. Missed a couple early birdies that he probably would like back.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sure, I get it. You don't have to like the guy and I absolutely get why you wouldn't, but you have to acknowledge that he's a compelling figure. For a lot of casual golf fans, he just makes a tournament more interesting.

Agreed. I'd never watch golf until the masters until I heard he was playing today. Also, I didn't realize I had the Golf Channel...so score.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
35 is not a bad start. Had chances for 33 and he knows it.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I hope he wins or is at least competitive because in my opinion golf with Tiger is a lot more interesting than golf without Tiger!
Has any one person ever controlled a sport's viewership like Tiger does with golf? We have legendary athletes right now (LeBron, Messi, Federer, Brady) but none of them change their sport like Tiger does.

Reactions: cyfanatic

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Glad he is able to play again. However, Golf channel announcers and coverage of him today is sickening and should be embarrassing to Golf Channel

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
The bogey on the par 5 where he was greenside in 2 was a killer (#8, I think?). Could be tied for the lead right now but he butchered that hole from 40 feet.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Vintage Tiger might have gone for the green in 1 swing at that short par 4, but he's within a couple feet for an easy birdie. You take it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron