Central Iowa

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
OU to the Rose
TCU/OSU to NY6
TCU/OSU to Alamo
WV/ISU to Camping World
WV/ISU to Texas

If ISU and WV end up with the same record, I would think the Orlando folks take Iowa State knowing we haven't been to a bowl in a few years and we've had a lot of national attention this season. Of course that requires us to win out.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I've heard that Orlando is really interested in us.

Not my type. Maybe yours? :)

bloom3-225x300.jpg

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Camping World Bowl had West Virginia just last season so that should give us a big advantage. If this team can finish 8-4, the Alamo has a chance of happening just based off our fanbase

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
FWIW, a friend of mine met one of the Camping World Bowl reps at the game yesterday. They are very interested in us and it sounds like we are a shoe-in as long as we don't lose our last two games. They loved our fans.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk and CTTB78

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
What to root for IMO

Alamo
1.) OU to the Playoff
2.) TCU to New Year’s Six
3.) OSU loses to KSU or OSU wins out and makes the New Year’s Six with TCU
4.) ISU wins 2 more games

OSU is going to finish 9-3 (6-3) at worst plus it’s only a 8 hour drive from Stillwater to San Antonio. OSU was in the Alamo bowl last year which is in our favor though.

Orlando
1.) OU to the Playoff
2.) TCU to New Year’s Six
3.) WVU loses at least 1 more (likely since they play at OU)
4.) ISU wins at least 1 more game

I think that’s the high end of possibilities. WVU very well might finish higher than ISU in the standings, but ISU should get picked over them. WVU was also in Orlando last year. We just need to get two Big 12 teams in the New Year’s Six

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Alamo bowl would be my pick - San Antonio River Walk is a blast but need two more wins before we can be considered.
Even if ISU wins out they will fall behind TCU, OSU and WVU. All of those teams in front of ISU would have to lose their remaining games to even give ISU a chance.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Yeah really the only chance of the Alamo is getting 3 in the playoffs/NY6 or the Alamo decides they don't want OSU in back to back years...Also hope WV loses

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I hope JP is angling for Memphis.

1) It's a better date. It's a weekend game and will make travel easier.
2) It's a beatable SEC opponent. Great way to finish the year, and they'll likely bring a ton of fans, making for a better atmosphere.
3) It's a MUCH easier to reach destination for our fanbase.
4) Memphis is vastly superior to Orlando as an interesting, cultural destination. Blues, BBQ, and partying on Beale Street >>>>>>> Mickey Mouse, strip malls, and swamps.

It's the best combination of easy travel, intriguing opponent, and destination. Everything you want in a bowl game. We will bring more fans to this game than any. San Antonio would be my 2nd choice.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

2) It's a beatable SEC opponent. Great way to finish the year, and they'll likely bring a ton of fans, making for a better atmosphere.
4) Memphis is vastly superior to Orlando as an interesting, cultural destination. Blues, BBQ, and partying on Beale Street >>>>>>> Mickey Mouse, strip malls, and swamps.

It's the best combination of easy travel, intriguing opponent, and destination. Everything you want in a bowl game. We will bring more fans to this game than any. San Antonio would be my 2nd choice.
could not agree more. Memphis would be my choice as well. Orlando... no thanks. I've been there plenty of times, and no thanks. It's the Applebees of American cities.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT

I agree with your bullet points, but I also think many ISU fans would prefer to go to a new destination as opposed to Memphis again. I went to the Liberty Bowl last time and had a blast, but I could see why families with younger kids would also rather go to Orlando. The partying scene in Memphis was fun, but I’m not sure how much that would appeal to families. Also, even though the bowl pecking order has changed, if we went back to Memphis again after this season it would feel like a bit of a letdown IMO.

Help Support Us

Become a patron