Mizzou

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Can you short a sports bet? Like, can I bet that they won't win the tournament?

I don't think it's really feasible because with a fair line you'd have to put down hundreds to have them hold your money for months and then eventually you make a few bucks.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I don't think it's really feasible because with a fair line you'd have to put down hundreds to have them hold your money for months and then eventually you make a few bucks.

When I buy stock options I'm betting it will go up. For every option I buy there is another guy betting it will go down. I wonder why there isn't this option in sports

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not sure if this has been discussed yet and don't feel like scanning this thread, but is Tilmon sitting out the first game for his MIP he got arrested for back in June?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Checked with Mizzou ticket office today. Right now they are claiming no single game tickets are for sale preseason. Supposedly ticket sales are so strong the aren't going to release any to the public on individual game basis. :(

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
When I buy stock options I'm betting it will go up. For every option I buy there is another guy betting it will go down. I wonder why there isn't this option in sports

It’s because of the amount of rake in sports betting.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Stubhub/vivid tickets start @ $160/tkt and go up :eek:. Wanted to go but not sure about those kind of prices.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Huge anticipation for basketball at Misery given how the football team has shat the bed. Tickets are going to be a premium as it appears that basketball will be the only bright spot in a dim SEC conference.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Checked with Mizzou ticket office today. Right now they are claiming no single game tickets are for sale preseason. Supposedly ticket sales are so strong the aren't going to release any to the public on individual game basis. :(

what a joke. they cant fill the arena. singles will be for sale.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
what a joke. they cant fill the arena. singles will be for sale.
Well currently the cheapest ones on stub hub are $170, so there is some kind of demand for them.

Mizzou basketball fans absolutely will sell out that arena if the team plays well this year. It won't take too many losses before they jump off the bandwagon, but they'll be there for the first game, and any other meaningful one.

• Winner
Reactions: srjclone

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
normally I would be happy to bet against a cuonzo team with talent since he so often underachieves, but porter is so good i don't think it will matter. porter will probably go for 40, and we will need jackson to be hot to keep us in it.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
normally I would be happy to bet against a cuonzo team with talent since he so often underachieves, but porter is so good i don't think it will matter. porter will probably go for 40, and we will need jackson to be hot to keep us in it.
I guess we'll find out how good of a defender Talley is right away

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Any guesses on opening line? I'll go we are +8

This is about where I'd put it, but I could see it end up closer to 6 by the time tip off comes around.

I know Missouri has a boatload of talent and we have a lot of relative unknowns, but I'm still cautiously optimistic. Prohm is a much better coach and will try to make Missouri play our game.

I foresee Missouri having some highlight reel dunks and alley oops followed by quick transition baskets for us while the young Missouri team gets caught napping in celebration. Jackson needs to bring intensity and experience, but not try to do too much. I'm curious to see if Wigginton plays with a chip on his shoulder. You know all of the talk will be about Missouri's class and not him.

• Agree
Reactions: NewClone09

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron