Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I found that the different beginner classes I have taken for things have been populated by people who were STILL far more advanced than I am. The PT gave me a number of stretches and exercises designed to strengthen my core and even out the tight muscles. I have a combination of issues, but foremost is that I cannot do high impact anything because of the lumbar arthritis. So low key is it.
@CycloneRulzzz - if you want me to, I'll write up descriptions of the exercises that I was given. I do them at home now that my PT sessions have ended. They don't take any special equipment although you can use resistance bands with a couple of them to make them more efficient. They are mostly keyed to my back problems.

Reactions: carvers4math

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In the NW suburbs of Minneapolis there are a couple different options to commute downtown. However, there is major construction on all of those options so they're all bad choices and it seems like there is major construction on every street in downtown. Can we get this stupid Super Bowl over with already? It's disrupting my life.
You need to take 94 again. It is now all lanes open most of the time in both directions without the lowered speed limit.

Thank the maker...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Well, still in 1963 after biking 20 miles. Couldn't get up enough speed for time travel back to 2017.

Might have had something to do with the 23 mph winds and the 29 mph wind gusts. Ack! Maxed out at 22 mph coming down Teddy Hill and was distracted by neighbor gal Maggie biking up the hill and giving me a shout.

Heading back outside. Dad wants me to wash the '58 Buick. So much chrome, so damn much chrome. Probably rinse off my Schwinn while I am at it.
Whar Teddy HIll? Not familiar with that name and I've been about everywhere there...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
To further on the point, one could say violence is physical violence, verbal threats, verbal violence, the threat of potential violence, etc. and then it gets even messier from there when determining what qualifies each of those things.

But again, I'm not a lawyer. For all I know, maybe that's all pretty cut and dry.
Is it violence if I start banging on a can of tuna because I can't figure out how to use the opener?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Also, you seem to spend an awful lot of time in the Brooklyns.

I don't know what this means, but it sounds impressive.

The reason there is two Brooklyns is that half of the city of Brooklyn Center didn't want to be associated with Brooklyn Center so they started their own City and named it the more upscale Brooklyn Park. (How bad does a city have to be to make half of the city turn on itself?) That went great until the new city elected some professional wrestler as their mayor...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I almost sliced my thumb off trying to use a butcher knife while opening chef boyardee that had a pull tab. I may have been drunk.

I have a little scar on my finger from using a knife to hold the lid on a can of olives while I drained them. The knife slipped.

I was not drunk. Which makes the it worse, somehow.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It'll probably be pretty intimidating for your daughter to be questioned, so I'd make sure you let her know to just be honest and give short and concise answers without elaboration or opinion.

I wish kids would be smart enough to not take nude pictures of themselves. Some friends of ours caught their 14 year old daughter sending nude pictures to her boyfriend. With the short attention spans, I really don't think kids understand that once something gets recorded digitally the chances of bad things happening greatly outweigh their original "good idea".

Having the technology to do something like that coupled with the lack of understanding the gravity of one's error is a dangerous combination.
Harimad should probably be with her daughter when she is questioned (assuming she is a minor...?).

Status
Not open for further replies.