Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Two things will get the heart rating from me:

1. Posts about pets.
2. CG's fear boner posts in the cave.

I have no idea what #2 is, however........

XRJzw.gif

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
Probably when it becomes violent. You have the right to PEACEFULLY assemble.
Yeah that's what I understood about it. Not sure what qualifies as assembly becoming violent. Is it the group as a whole? Is it one individual? That's what I'm mainly wanting clarification on.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yeah that's what I understood about it. Not sure what qualifies as assembly becoming violent. Is it the group as a whole? Is it one individual? That's what I'm mainly wanting clarification on.

I think that's what makes it the gray area you were talking about. Unless I misunderstood what you were asking.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think that's what makes it the gray area you were talking about. Unless I misunderstood what you were asking.

To further on the point, one could say violence is physical violence, verbal threats, verbal violence, the threat of potential violence, etc. and then it gets even messier from there when determining what qualifies each of those things.

But again, I'm not a lawyer. For all I know, maybe that's all pretty cut and dry.

• Agree
Reactions: Bu4ISU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To further on the point, one could say violence is physical violence, verbal threats, verbal violence, the threat of potential violence, etc. and then it gets even messier from there when determining what qualifies each of those things.

But again, I'm not a lawyer. For all I know, maybe that's all pretty cut and dry.

Where is also part of the equation. You don't have a right to have people assemble on a persons personal property, at least the residence. Businesses I know you can't go in and cause problems, but I'm not sure about standing on the cities right of way. I think that's ok if you don't stop people

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Homecoming dress up, the only few days of the year when my old football stuff is cool. Kids like to wear old jerseys and nothing better than sticking out by wearing a different teams jersey especially old schooling in a jersey from a defunct school. I have an old jersey where they actually melted the waxy substance onto the mesh for the numbers. Smells like crayons.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is BU planning on starting a riot?

Do I need boat shoes to join in?
I've been around two Veishea riots. Little wisdom here, when you see the cops with shields and uniforms from head to toe, leave the drunks to deal with them. When they shoot stuff into the crowd, it's not a t-shirt or hotdog can on, it's tear gas.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Probably when it becomes violent. You have the right to PEACEFULLY assemble.
Here's an interesting protest story for you. A friend that's a deputy sheriff was providing security for one of the fairly recent protests. It was, basically, an anti-law enforcement protest. The group had a slush fund they used for purchasing certain things. A couple members of the protesting group ended up stealing the money from the slush fund so the group had to go to the deputies to solve their problem.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Sandbagging happened a lot in intramurals in college. Frustrated the hell out of me. Is it really that satisfying to get into a lower league/bracket and bulldoze your way though it?

it seems so stupid to do ****** for six weeks to win for 2-3? We don't win money or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron