Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
GTO, hopefully you wouldn't have to deal with crappy weather on a long commute, but crappy drivers are still out there. Hubby has had a 45min commute each way for 10 years now and it is the other drivers that tick him off the most. Less than three months left of that commute, I'm going to start a countdown. Last year I don't think he made any 8th grade volleyball games because they were all at 4:30. He has never made any school parties or anything during the day. Now he will be home and less than 10min away from school. Maybe I'll sign him up to do a craft at the preschool Christmas party. ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
GTO, hopefully you wouldn't have to deal with crappy weather on a long commute, but crappy drivers are still out there. Hubby has had a 45min commute each way for 10 years now and it is the other drivers that tick him off the most. Less than three months left of that commute, I'm going to start a countdown. Last year I don't think he made any 8th grade volleyball games because they were all at 4:30. He has never made any school parties or anything during the day. Now he will be home and less than 10min away from school. Maybe I'll sign him up to do a craft at the preschool Christmas party. ;)
Have a 40 minute commute. For many years it was 7 days a week. It does wear on you. Only 10 years that to. Then I will buy a camper and just hang out up there many days. Kids will have graduated. (actually 9 years now that I do the math)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our school does that Ramsey financial stuff for school. Didn't like the setup, hard to explain things that should be way easier. Have been working with him some and this stuff has actually made the easy difficult.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Dishwasher broke again. Doing dishes doesn't bother me and I washed most last time it was broken. Tough part is have the wife beat on me about the repair man not showing up.

images

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Well now I've got a time frame at least.

• Optimistic
Reactions: carvers4math

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
The land sounds great, but there's no way I'd make that drive twice a day.

As it is, I have a 20-25 minute commute (and it's relatively easy as it is) and I count the time spent driving as time I'm away from my family. Maybe I'll look at it differently once my daughter goes off to college, but right now I'm not gonna trade that time for anything.

Yes, I though about it and that would be 10 hours a week driving, if traffic is good. Maybe not a good idea.

Much more space out in the country to bury your dead hookers. Or I suppose with your history for your wife to burry you.

I just know I'd come back as a zombie or a ghost. I've told my wife that I would for sure haunt her.

Would it be consistently an hour commute or is that on a good day? I always liked a little drive home to unwind after work. I'm assuming the city house has a yard and stuff for the kids. Really with the age of your kids I'd put the most value on which house has the better school district. I would pick the acreage, room for the kids to run, dirt bike whatever. Put up a fence and have a couple of cows to use as a tax right off. On the other hand if you don't want to mess around with the extra upkeep the in town one will be much easier. Well so much for my 2 cents from a person you've only met once IRL.

Good points. Much better school districts in North DFW than out in the country. And that would be an hour on a good day.

Which one has more space for me to crash in?

Either one, as long as you agree to wear pants.

Dude, GTO is looking for a house, you have a house for sale, put two and two together.
I thought one of you guys was inheriting his house? I had no idea Boxster was moving!

Weather in Texas is great, but people here suck driving in ice, half an inch of snow, rain, etc.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Birdy the funny was for the last line just so you know. Not for all the crappy commute stuff. Just got to the last line and you made me chuckle.

Reactions: Cybirdy

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
@GTO, probably not a popular option, but what about renting for a bit rather than feeling forced into a decision?

Around here you get some motivated sellers in the fall, wanting out before winter. Though for Texas I suppose that means "It got down to 59 one day".

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@GTO, probably not a popular option, but what about renting for a bit rather than feeling forced into a decision?

Around here you get some motivated sellers in the fall, wanting out before winter. Though for Texas I suppose that means "It got down to 59 one day".
Yeah, I told my wife absolutely not. Changing address on driver's licenses, new utilities, cable, credit cards, bank, work, etc, etc, etc and then having to do it all over again a few months later? No thanks.

• Agree

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think I PO'd Carver's. I have a knack for making women mad at me. I talked to a friend tonight and he said his wife was mad at him for using too much air when he breathes. He has three daughters, said there's a week he just tries to be invisible.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Pants' PS4 thread just explained an issue with the current younger males (some not all). One dude says it will save you money from the bar. So the guy would rather be online with some random people instead of trying to find a female possibly.

• Agree

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think I PO'd Carver's. I have a knack for making women mad at me. I talked to a friend tonight and he said his wife was mad at him for using too much air when he breathes. He has three daughters, said there's a week he just tries to be invisible.

Oh please, I have lived in a house with six males and a male dog and a male cat, it takes more than little old you to piss me off, otherwise I'd be raging 24/7 lol. You must be one of those dudes that think that women live in eternal PMS or something.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Kickball time!

So we got going tonight and I decided to be all take charge as the first veteran to arrive and got all the noobs intro'd to each other and out on the first field to practice. The league guy normally does a "here be the rules" for the first game.
About five minutes later an ump starts grouching that we have to get off the field because if we warm-up, other teams get to warm up and the games will never start on time.

For reference, we were using my ball and were there at 6:15 for a 6:30 game. Friend is like next time we'll play out in the grass and good luck trying to kick us out!

Also, no rules going over so we were at the wrong field and everyone had to walk far the other direction. Nice job, CG.

We get started, first guy got on. Then I kick. I got on! They threw the ball at me and they missed! I got on first! DH was right there like nice job, you're safe*. A guy kicked and it went really far, I got all the way to third and friend coach held me there.

Then a friend kicked, but it looked perilous so I hadn't started going. Friend - WHILE RUNNING TO FIRST - starts yelling "RUN CG!" By that point base coach friend was like OK go so I ran and scored! I got the first run of the game! We joked that runner friend would have been safe if she'd focused on running and not yelling at me.

Then some other stuff happened, I helped get an out at first, then was definitely probably responsible for 2 of the 3 runs other team scored in an inning to pull ahead 5-2. Whoops. A dropped catch and sort of drop at 2nd. Well, on the latter I just didn't the person out, the person running home wasn't my fault. Oh, but I didn't throw it to first or something. IDK. We have a new husband-wife team and they were really good. Think they got on every time they kicked. She had really good ground balls and he had low bomb kicks.

So I kick two more times and foul out, sad times. But others do better and we are tied 5-5 at the end. Dh kicks. Gets on first. Next person kicks. Ground ball. They throw and tag the runner out. But DH gets to 2nd. Next person kicks (my coworker). Same thing - but even though they tagged coworker, the ball got away a bit so DH ran for home.

He scored. We won! He performed well under pressure :D

*I definitely, 100% felt the ball graze my right hand. But DH didn't see it and they called me safe so I went with it. But I feel I must confess.
Holy ****

Reactions: wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.