Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, I didn't feel that bad, but knowing that, I will gladly give this ******* cold to anyone that wants it.

So you say now. A lot of stuff starts like that here and then BOOM, you ded.

tumblr_mnucd6Vv5L1qe1i57o3_250.gif

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Does anyone else have this !?#!&@!! chest cold? I'm going on day 11 and I just can't shake it. Think I'll go home tonight and put some Vicks VapoRub in a saucepan with some water, melt it on the stove and inhale the vapors. I'm desperate, I've coughed so much I got a ****** headache.
The girls in our house have contracted it. The boys are still healthy thus far.

Time to start claiming the new guys stuff! You don't happen to have a plane do you?
Scyclone - What kind of beer is in your refrigerator or, to be more accurate, the refrigerator of your wife since you've recently passed? Also, do you have any Irish Whiskey or upscale gin in the liquor cabinet?

Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We lived in WDM before we moved to the boonies, and one son learned that one of his little neighborhood friends committed suicide when he was only 14. Just hard to comprehend.

When I was in 7th grade we had two "suicides" in a 2-3 week time span. One was a legitmiate suicide with all of the warning signs that you never realize until it is too late. The second one was a friend of mine from scouts that was originally thought to be suicide but due to how it happened and the medical examiner eventually admitting that he didn't actually look at the body it was changed to accidental death. Very weird and hard to go through.

• Friendly
Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Raining ass boring Monday is sucking the ambition completely out of me. Haven't done a productive thing all day.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The girls in our house have contracted it. The boys are still healthy thus far.

Scyclone - What kind of beer is in your refrigerator or, to be more accurate, the refrigerator of your wife since you've recently passed? Also, do you have any Irish Whiskey or upscale gin in the liquor cabinet?

My go-to whiskey is Windsor. I have some of The Knot right now, plus an uncracked bottle of Canadian Club Classic 12 (years old, that is) that I was saving for deer camp. Also some Korbel brandy, there's a couple Texas fifths of UV vodka (you'd have to kill the vixen to get that, though) and assorted other stuff - a little Ronrico, some Seagram's gin, etc. I got a bottle of Bombay Sapphire for my birthday, but that didn't last long.:(

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
When I was in 7th grade we had two "suicides" in a 2-3 week time span. One was a legitmiate suicide with all of the warning signs that you never realize until it is too late. The second one was a friend of mine from scouts that was originally thought to be suicide but due to how it happened and the medical examiner eventually admitting that he didn't actually look at the body it was changed to accidental death. Very weird and hard to go through.

3 very close friends have committed suicide.

1 was one of 3 of us from our church group that used to hang out growing up. Me, him, and the PK. It was over rejection from a girl. He was early 20's.

2 was a good buddy in our car club. He was a hellova nice guy and seemed like he had his **** together. Had a smoking hot girlfriend and a perfect (national award winning) '66 Shelby GT350. Was very shocked. His girlfriend left him. He was probably mid 30's

3 Very recently after both of us had retired. A guy I worked with for 15 years. We always got along really well. Had very similar jobs and were often called to cover for each other when on vacation. There was something fishy with marriage/wife. I heard rumors... (never did get details). He ended up locking himself in his basement and shooting himself in the head later that night. Never ever would in a million years expect him to do such a thing. He was late 50's

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I can't remember, has SCyclone married off all of the daughters? Can't believe you weirdos aren't trying to call dibs on one of those.

Well, if he doesn't have any brothers, we would ordinarily be required as his Cyclone brother to marry his wife and raise his kids. It's all very tribal. Not sure how it works if the kids are all grown and all.

What are the rules on the RTT Sisterhood side of things?

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron