****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
5 star Center now available after Robinson's release from WKU.
Rumors LSU is the favorite, with KU as a dark horse.

NBC Sports - CollegeBasketballTalk: Five-star freshman Robinson granted release from Western Kentucky
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....binson-granted-release-from-western-kentucky/

That conversation probably went like this.

Stansbury: Mitchell, you committed to Western Kentucky and we are not going to release you. You need to come back to Bowling Green tonight.

Robinson: Coach you paid me $150K. If you don't release me then I will just go to the media and then play overseas for a year.

Stansbury: Son, here is your full release.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
From what I'm reading, LSU is already full on scholarships as is Kansas. Neither team will get him. My guess is this guy goes overseas for a season.
I thought Kansas just had a grad transfer back out with the rumor being it is space for Marvin Bagley if he officially re-classifies. If Bagley doesn't choose Kansas the space could be for Robinson.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Any word on that Shooting guard that Chris said keep on eye on? I think it was us, Gonzaga and a few other schools recruiting him. Did he commit somewhere else?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Strange. Normally Chris don't post something like that unless he has heard something positive about us.
He came back later and said they were no longer going after him.

Update on this: Sounds like Iowa State isn't going to pursue anymore.

My guess at this point is that Iowa State will roll with 12 in 2017-18 in hopes that having one open comes in handy at some point.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Ok. Didn't see that part. Good to know. Now we can get back to how we hate UNLV and how we are way better in the tourney than they are.

• Winner
Reactions: Stereotype

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 2m2 minutes ago
Jeff Goodman Retweeted Jerry Meyer

Can confirm that Kansas expected to host Mitchell Robinson this weekend, per source. LSU also in mix for former WKU signee.

I want Bill Self investigated.

**** Kansas

Okay, let's just for fun, hypothetically project he ends up at KU. Who thinks he gets the waiver and KU lucks out that he plays immediately?? (unlike McKay)

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
FFS Kansas falls ass backwards into 5 star talent and Bill Self only has one national title to show for it... as if I needed another reason to hate Kansas.

Reactions: isutrevman

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Okay, let's just for fun, hypothetically project he ends up at KU. Who thinks he gets the waiver and KU lucks out that he plays immediately?? (unlike McKay)
The McKay situation isn't really the same...

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Hmmmm

Tyler Harris

@iamyoungty1

@Thortontucker my boy put on a show
1f4af.svg
love Brodie

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Still not sure who would bail for us to get him. Everyone seems to be getting better. Young guys are just young but will come around

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
A lot of things have to happen for us to get Tyler Harris and even if we do, I really don't see him playing much.

-Babb isn't going to be moved from the PG spot. He's been good enough to keep it.

-He's not getting minutes over Babb, THT, Wigginton or Shayok.

-We could have a very deep roster. Especially if we got him. There's already 7 guys who would for sure play more than him. (Babb, Wigginton, Lard, Young, Shayok, THT, Jacobson.)

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Harris. Wish we had an open scholarship and didn't have to lose someone to get him. All 10 guys on roster right now have shown flashes of being able to help us win games.