NOTEBOOK: What's going on with Tongamoa?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I feel decent about the DL right now, but adding Tongamoa would make me feel a bit better.

I am also glad Wilkerson is 185 and not 165. That's asking a lot for a 165lb safety to come up and hit 200+ lb RB's.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If he's healthy, couldn't Kene play the last 4 games of the year and still red shirt under the new rules?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Love the reference to the new class of O-linemen! That means good years are ahead of us.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Flat out the DL is gonna suck this year. OL should be much improved.

At this point low expectations are OK...means there's room for improvement and we can see what the staff can do with what they have.

It's certainly better than the other way around, hearing about how great things are and then seeing a bad product.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
I have said some dumb **** on here when I was drunk but this takes the cake.
It's not optimistic but it's not "dumb" imo. When looking at the rushing numbers we gave up last year we were flat out awful...there is no actual evidence that things will improve this year with unproven starters on the line. How is what he said dumb? Give me actual evidence and not rose colored optimism.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It's not optimistic but it's not "dumb" imo. When looking at the rushing numbers we gave up last year we were flat out awful...there is no actual evidence that things will improve this year with unproven starters on the line. How is what he said dumb? Give me actual evidence and not rose colored optimism.

I'll give you some..every starter across line accept 1 are all new. And that one is Bailey who is pretty good btw..

The LBs will be much better IMO which will help as well.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
I'll give you some..every starter across line accept 1 are all new. And that one is Bailey who is pretty good btw..

The LBs will be much better IMO which will help as well.
So the fact that we are replacing 3 starters is evidence that we will be good? That isn't evidence. And saying the linebackers will be better is speculation. Replacing 2 starters with two guys that have never taken snaps at LB in the big 12 is concerning. Saying they will be better is based completely on hope.