Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I mean, not all that great, if I'm being honest. I had 20# of pork bellies in the fridge to be dry rubbed and cured starting the next day when the flood hit, lost my beer fridge that I also used for curing, and my freezer that could store a lot of pork fat...got the freezer back fairly quickly (because eating out of a side-by-side with 2 kids sucks), but didn't get the extra fridge back until last week, so I haven't had good bacon in almost a year. Picked up a crown roast around christmas/new years time that I made a month or so ago that was fantastic...but really, it's a bunch of pork chops not cut up, it's gonna be good.

Need to get my cure on for some bacon, Mrs00 going to be out of town in a couple weeks, probably a good time to mess with it.
So, I can't tell from your story. Did you eat the 20lbs the night before knowing the floods were coming, or was it all lost?

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Your call. Need me to book a motel afterwards?

This is one of those weird things that people for whom english is a second language don't get, but "want me to book a hotel afterwards" means "we might end up too drunk to drive", but "want me to book a motel afterwards" means "I'm assuming we're having sex". Of course, I haven't been around in a year, and apparently pants is single again, so perhaps you already knew that.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I'll be in Des Moines Wed-Fri and then going to the wedding on Saturday (Moravia, IA?). Probably leave from there to go home on Sunday.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
This is one of those weird things that people for whom english is a second language don't get, but "want me to book a hotel afterwards" means "we might end up too drunk to drive", but "want me to book a motel afterwards" means "I'm assuming we're having sex". Of course, I haven't been around in a year, and apparently pants is single again, so perhaps you already knew that.
Which one do I pay by the hour? That's the one I'm looking for.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My wife is going to the bachelorette party. I was inviited to the bachelor party, but I only know one guy going to it and we're not that close. I think I'll pass and just stay with the kids in Des Moines.

It also sounded pretty lame.

Come on up & visit me & Papalew - you know where to find us... :)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
100 degrees? Great. I'll probably wear this then:

julien-david-black-x-quiksilver-tuxedo-t-shirt-product-4-519292482-normal.jpeg
Ummmm...no. Just no.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just channel flipped into The Hunt for Red October. The beginning where Sean Connery is speaking Russian always gives me a throwback to watching this in the theater with CWW#2 when it first came out. CWW#2, who was fluent in Russian, commented on how bad Connery's Russian accent was. Guess he was speaking Russian with a Scottish accent. :rolleyes:

Also flipped to the channel guide and saw this was a 1990 movie. JTF, where did the years go! :eek:

Reactions: wxman1 and Cybirdy

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I'd be down with a mini-Ames meetup. For me to be able to it'd probably have to be the 5th though, since I work the 6th and 7th.
Not sure about the 5th just because I'm not sure if we're driving to Iowa on the 4th or on the 5th itself. If we're driving on the 4th, I could probably meet on the 5th. I'f we're only leaving Texas on the 5th and arriving in Iowa at night, it might not work. Let me find out about the bachelorette party as well. Get back to you all tomorrow.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I'll be in Des Moines Wed-Fri and then going to the wedding on Saturday (Moravia, IA?). Probably leave from there to go home on Sunday.

See, now you're down by me. 40 minute drive to Moravia? Maybe? You'll be in the last line of counties before you hit Missouri. Consider yourself warned.

Guys...and gals...you're going to be my accountability group. Wanted to buy a pair of shorts today, and grabbed two sizes. The bigger size was juuuuuust a smidge too big around the waist, but the legs bunched and/or pooched at the back of the thighs weirdly. Smaller size was tight on the waist, but could still button 'em and breathe, and the legs looked fine.

So! We (royal "we") are going to try an experiment of no pop or candy this week. Water, iced tea, flavored and plain, and coffee this week. Then we'll move to next week, and see how that goes. So my plan is to post here by 10p CT every day this week with a daily update. Not expecting miracles, but a step in the right direction. I did have a "last hurrah" Cherry Coke and a chilled Milky Way tonight. Here's to it.

@00clone Good to "see" you, and sorry to hear about der Hund.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
See, now you're down by me. 40 minute drive to Moravia? Maybe? You'll be in the last line of counties before you hit Missouri. Consider yourself warned.

Guys...and gals...you're going to be my accountability group. Wanted to buy a pair of shorts today, and grabbed two sizes. The bigger size was juuuuuust a smidge too big around the waist, but the legs bunched and/or pooched at the back of the thighs weirdly. Smaller size was tight on the waist, but could still button 'em and breathe, and the legs looked fine.

So! We (royal "we") are going to try an experiment of no pop or candy this week. Water, iced tea, flavored and plain, and coffee this week. Then we'll move to next week, and see how that goes. So my plan is to post here by 10p CT every day this week with a daily update. Not expecting miracles, but a step in the right direction. I did have a "last hurrah" Cherry Coke and a chilled Milky Way tonight. Here's to it.

@00clone Good to "see" you, and sorry to hear about der Hund.

Be careful with some flavored teas, they're as bad as pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron