Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Are you supposed to stop?
nope1.gif

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
yep, someone definitely mixed me up with my coworker. The best part is they included me on the first few emails in the request back in May. Must have realized I was the wrong person and switched to the correct person for the rest of the email chain. So we each have half the emails. Coworker got their request all done, but then requestor told person wanting to know status that *I* did it, so they come to me asking for an update and I'm like I've seen nothing on this in three weeks, I literally don't know what you're talking about when you say I did this last week. But I will ask around and try to get you an update.

And I was slightly panicking as I search my email for anything I missed/emails I sent in a fugue state or something. Even told person on the phone "are you sure I'm not being mixed up with [correct] person? Indeed I was.

Fire put out.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I did a measly three miles tonight and it's still yet to be determined if I'm dead.

Anyone claim Riley yet? He is definitely dead.

I have turned into an old lady and walk instead of running/jogging this year. I do feel a bit guilty as people run past me, but until Saucony starts making my shoes again, walking it is.

No pop here, except on very rare occasions. My oldest can't handle caffeine and only does root beer once in awhile. It is a special treat for the littlest over the 4th when we picnic and the one or two times a year we go to the movies. I do drink La Croix, so still get plenty of carbonation.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I have turned into an old lady and walk instead of running/jogging this year. I do feel a bit guilty as people run past me, but until Saucony starts making my shoes again, walking it is.

No pop here, except on very rare occasions. My oldest can't handle caffeine and only does root beer once in awhile. It is a special treat for the littlest over the 4th when we picnic and the one or two times a year we go to the movies. I do drink La Croix, so still get plenty of carbonation.

The "root" displays at the end of the line for me so I missed it reading that at first and thought wow, Birdy is a way different mom than I thought she was.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I am the closest, I'll stop and pick him up. CF will probably have a custody battle though. I believe his mom is fond of the little guy (Riley, not Pants).

Flashback to running in old Sauconys! The pillows of runnings shoes.

Winning!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

The Brooks Launch shoes are really, really comfortable and cushioned, if that does anything.....

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The Brooks Launch shoes are really, really comfortable and cushioned, if that does anything.....

I need something that comes in a wide width, which there are not many options. Add to that I have underpronation--those Brooks may be good if they only came in wide . . .

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I need something that comes in a wide width, which there are not many options. Add to that I have underpronation--those Brooks may be good if they only came in wide . . .

Very @cowgirl836 like. Shoe problems, the bane of RTT gals. ;)

I am kinda like one of the honorary gals here shoe fit wise since I over pronate with my left foot and crudely pavement slam with the right. So soft shoes are bad for the left and motion control is bad for the right. Throw in narrow heels and fit used to be a problem. I went so far as running in women's Brooks Chariots one spring back in the day because they were narrower. Fortunately they were not as "purdy" colored as Cowgirls favs, that might have been a :oops:.

So, for Birdy, if you need wide buy some men's. Hell, I just confessed to running in gals Brooks Chariots (and in actual races so I wasn't hiding)! It's not like you can't find cool colors, especially in the Asics models, they have a ton of choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: cowgirl836

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
@GTO
I have an industry question for you. Yesterday, we picked up the prescription for the anti-fungal that PapaLew will be taking. I've never been so grateful for our Rx insurance plan as I was when I saw that bill. Our cost was $15. Actual cost was $1495. That's PER MONTH. How much does the insurance actually pay for the drug?

And how the hell does the SOB with no Rx coverage pay for something like that? Sheesh!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Interesting.
A place like Kyle's Bikes in Ankeny does tests with you on your running form and feet to find a nice fit. You get short bits of treadmill running, and I think they look at video with some customers to find something and highlight things to think about.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
@GTO
I have an industry question for you. Yesterday, we picked up the prescription for the anti-fungal that PapaLew will be taking. I've never been so grateful for our Rx insurance plan as I was when I saw that bill. Our cost was $15. Actual cost was $1495. That's PER MONTH. How much does the insurance actually pay for the drug?

And how the hell does the SOB with no Rx coverage pay for something like that? Sheesh!

I don't have specific Rx insurance. My son had a $500/month perscription that he took for 7 months. (not as bad as yours) I have a high deductible plan and those consider Rxs as part of it, so it just ate into the deductible.

Status
Not open for further replies.