NBA: ***Official NBA Draft and Offseason Thread***

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'm still blown away by the Sacramento trade. Take Fox and Monk. Just do it and have your backcourt set with two guys who loved playing with each other.

You know it's dumb because if Sacramento offered Giles and Jackson for Monk there is no way anybody would take that trade. NBA 2k computer would reject that trade out of hand. Just a remarkably stupid move.
I actually agree with this. They should have stayed at 10 and taken Monk. Giles does have some upside but still.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Lavine can be an elite offensive player in the league. Look at where he was at at 21 before the injury this year.

Really like the Sixers draft. I am excited to watch them play this year with Embiid Simmons, Saric, Fultz it should be fun.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
How much say do you think Hoiberg had in basically overhauling his roster? I don't see Wade staying but who knows. Maybe this will help him develop a team to more his style, too

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
After seeing what the TWolves gave up to get Butler I don't understand how the Celtics didn't figure it out first. They could offer a higher pick and probably better assets (Crowder, Smart).

Also known as guys you don't want.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
After seeing what the TWolves gave up to get Butler I don't understand how the Celtics didn't figure it out first. They could offer a higher pick and probably better assets (Crowder, Smart).

I read a report that the Celtics weren't really that interested in Butler. I think Chicago was driving the talks but Celtics didn't want him.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm still blown away by the Sacramento trade. Take Fox and Monk. Just do it and have your backcourt set with two guys who loved playing with each other.

You know it's dumb because if Sacramento offered Giles and Jackson for Monk there is no way anybody would take that trade. NBA 2k computer would reject that trade out of hand. Just a remarkably stupid move.

Monk is pretty one dimensional, I don't think he's a lock to be anything more than a role player and I don't think he's an upgrade over Hield. Jackson fits better with Hield and Fox, Giles is a lottery ticket. If his athleticism comes back, you got a guy who was the top player in this class two years ago late in that first rind, but that's a huge if.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Did Johnathan Motely really not get drafted? Crazy with the mocks I saw, some had him first round most at least drafted....

• Informative
Reactions: Bardman

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I think Denver is primed to make some trades. I wouldn't be surprised to see Monte moved OR some roster spots open up ahead of him.

They are trying to get Bledsoe from Phoenix, but he's good off the ball too.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Monk is pretty one dimensional, I don't think he's a lock to be anything more than a role player and I don't think he's an upgrade over Hield. Jackson fits better with Hield and Fox, Giles is a lottery ticket. If his athleticism comes back, you got a guy who was the top player in this class two years ago late in that first rind, but that's a huge if.

Monk is a great scorer, but he'll have to show he can do other things well. He could very well prove to be a complete player, but at Kentucky all he was asked to do was get buckets.

I give the Kings a lot of ****, but I thought they nailed the draft last night. They didn't make a panic move to jump up from # 5 and they still got the guy they wanted. And Gilles is a low risk/high reward guy. For a team like the Kings that's nowhere near competing for a playoff spot, they can afford to take some chances. I think Jackson is a high floor/low celing player. Nothing too exciting, but he could be a solid rotation guy in the league for a long time.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Don't get the Celtics draft at all.

I think Ainge is holding out for Anthony Davis. The Pelicans are locked into giving the Brow/Cousins combo a chance this season, but if/when that blows up the Celtics will be the only team with the assets necessary to land a player like him.

Reactions: rholtgraves

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Not excited to see Monte go to Denver. As others mentioned the back court there is messy. Denver doesn't love Mudiay and I saw CBS has them taking Collin Sexton next year to fix their PG issues. Wonder if they'll try for a quick fix via trade or look for the PG of the future next summer?