***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
And to that point:

Right now TCU (#33), ISU (#30), OU (#28), TEX (#7), all have a better recruiting ranking than Kansas (#34), according to 247 sports.

KU has the best class in terms of top end talent but there are only two of them which brings down their composite and they are counting a walk on as part of their composite rating. Just for comparisons sake. Rivals has them 15th and ISU 25th. Texas is 7th. Those are the top 3

Reactions: CyKings

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...y-kansas-jayhawks-transfer-eligibility-intact

Coleby out from KU... if Svi stays in the draft, KU will only be returning 4 players, just like Iowa State.

KU recruiting rankings - 247 sports - #34
ISU recruiting rankings - 247 sports - #30
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings

yet, KU is the prohibitive favorite in the big 12, and ISU potentially picked in bottom 3rd. KU is returning a better core, but it's still an interesting thought. Don't get me wrong, they've earned it, with their current streak... just like finding random facts to give me hope in the slow offseason.

460x.jpg

Cough.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Not that interesting.

Perception can sometimes shape reality. It would be nice if we found a way to reload every year, and didn't have a "rebuild", or even if we just had that perception.
KU has the best class in terms of top end talent but there are only two of them which brings down their composite and they are counting a walk on as part of their composite rating. Just for comparisons sake. Rivals has them 15th and ISU 25th. Texas is 7th. Those are the top 3

Good to know. I love following recruiting in the offseason, and usually trust 247 for their player rankings, but know it's a composite, so the team rankings may not always be the best. I wish they found a good way to value transfers too, not sure that will ever happen.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
And to that point:

Right now TCU (#33), ISU (#30), OU (#28), TEX (#7), all have a better recruiting ranking than Kansas (#34), according to 247 sports.

I assume class rankings don't include transfers, only freshman class? If that's the case, KU is getting a boost from transfer signings (in addition to cred from the never-ending title streak).

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Perception can sometimes shape reality. It would be nice if we found a way to reload every year, and didn't have a "rebuild", or even if we just had that perception.

Good to know. I love following recruiting in the offseason, and usually trust 247 for their player rankings, but know it's a composite, so the team rankings may not always be the best. I wish they found a good way to value transfers too, not sure that will ever happen.
The transfer thing needs to factored in somehow bc it has become such a big part of recruiting

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Must be nice to be Texas, lose countless games and still get top talent. Amazing they still don't compete for the conference championship every year.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
The transfer thing needs to factored in somehow bc it has become such a big part of recruiting

KU transfer class alone probably would be enough for the best ranking in the conference between Moore and Lawson bros. I agree they should factor in but not for this year but next since they won't see the court until then.

ISU has a better incoming freshman class credit Prohm. Self missed on a lot of his prep targets and salvaged the year via transfer. Not a knock on Self and the program may end up better for that as a result but the rankings are correct especially for next years impact.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Thats what makes me think... is Shaka the problem?

I continue to say Smart will have a fine career, but he needs to get it rolling at UT. I think Texas was 5th or so in the recruit rankings in 2016, and now 7th ... if he doesn't at least make postseason in upcoming year, it begins to look like it's all recruitment and sub-par development. Jury is still out.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
KU transfer class alone probably would be enough for the best ranking in the conference between Moore and Lawson bros. I agree they should factor in but not for this year but next since they won't see the court until then.

ISU has a better incoming freshman class credit Prohm. Self missed on a lot of his prep targets and salvaged the year via transfer. Not a knock on Self and the program may end up better for that as a result but the rankings are correct especially for next years impact.

Well, I guess you could rate them as part of the next years class but that really doesn't make sense. Because that is a year after they were recruited. You could redshirt a freshman and they would still be counted as this years class.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

Court or courtroom?

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016

6'11", 206lbs. Averaged 12mpg, 2ppg, 2rpg. Assuming would be a sit 1, play 3?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Maybe VIla is who Prohm was hinting at with his cryptic quote to Halsted. It would at least make sense how he would know of people hitting the market without it being public, because of Kennedy.

Haven't seen any game footage of him, but 6'11 and if he truly has ball skills and a jump shot, that is hard to teach. You can teach/build strength. That being said I dont know if I'd go after him.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ComCY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

6'11", 206lbs. Averaged 12mpg, 2ppg, 2rpg. Assuming would be a sit 1, play 3?

There would be the Prohm/Kennedy connection to get in the door and have good background on him as a prospect. That said, guess ISU would take Jacobson to fill his post profile if they are looking for that type of sit out transfer.