***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Have any new names emerged that ISU is after outside of Brase? Or have we resigned to keeping that last scholarship as unused?

I'm just curious if we are still hunting a guard or not.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Have any new names emerged that ISU is after outside of Brase? Or have we resigned to keeping that last scholarship as unused?

I'm just curious if we are still hunting a guard or not.
I think we're waiting for new names to pop up, not much left worth taking.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I think we're waiting for new names to pop up, not much left worth taking.

Last I heard we were still involved with Kameron Rooks outta Cal. He listed us in his "Top 9" I suppose. Not sure we would want both Rooks and Brase, but what do I know.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Verbal commits has Wesley Myers of Maine listed as a transfer on their site but can't find any tweets to confirm it.

6-2 186 lb guard. Grad transfer
16.9 ppg 4.5 rpg 1.6 apg. 36% career 3 pt shooter.

Had good games against tournament teams this year. 18 vs Virginia tech. 15 vs Duke. 13 vs providence.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/wesley-myers-1.html

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I still think it'd be a shame if we don't try to throw our name into the hat that we throw in the ring for C.J. Bryce. Sounds like we haven't even tried to contact him.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I'm surprised there isn't another guard's name being thrown around. It'd be nice to have one more. I'm wondering if they're quietly going after someone, with Davion Cole-Johnson as a fall back?

I'm starting to wonder if DCJ is already a done deal and they're just keeping it quiet...although I don't know why they'd keep it quiet.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Verbal commits has Wesley Myers of Maine listed as a transfer on their site but can't find any tweets to confirm it.

6-2 186 lb guard. Grad transfer
16.9 ppg 4.5 rpg 1.6 apg. 36% career 3 pt shooter.

Had good games against tournament teams this year. 18 vs Virginia tech. 15 vs Duke. 13 vs providence.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/wesley-myers-1.html

Essentially kicked off the team for a locker room fight this winter where he broke a teammates jaw. So... maybe not.

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines

Prohm and Boykins follow each other on twitter FWIW. No idea of any other connection or if Boykins has been mentioned anywhere in this massive thread. I think he could fill a leadership/experience type role and provide some of the offense we're losing - seems to have a pretty wet jumper. (6:15 mark shot has that Matt Thomas audio)

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

Prohm and Boykins follow each other on twitter FWIW. No idea of any other connection or if Boykins has been mentioned anywhere in this massive thread. I think he could fill a leadership/experience type role and provide some of the offense we're losing - seems to have a pretty wet jumper. (6:15 mark shot has that Matt Thomas audio)

I'm relatively impressed by that montage. He might fit the system well. I'd prefer someone like Thorpe, but that ship sailed or was never in the harbor.

If ISU landed Boykins and Brase I wouldn't complain too loudly.

Hunch: Boykins winds up at Pitt. (Maybe I posted that elsewhere, in this thread or others, can't remember).

D

Deleted member 8507

I'm relatively impressed by that montage. He might fit the system well. I'd prefer someone like Thorpe, but that ship sailed or was never in the harbor.

If ISU landed Boykins and Brase I wouldn't complain too loudly.

Hunch: Boykins winds up at Pitt. (Maybe I posted that elsewhere, in this thread or others, can't remember).
So you are saying we might get Beverly, Boykins and Brase for grad transfers. Looks like a B class to me.

• Useful
Reactions: CY88CE11

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Not exactly a transfer and doubt Prohm takes a look with his legal troubles but will be interesting to see where he ends up, kids a good player.

6-5 230 lb guard.
11.4ppg 3.2 rpg 4.6 apg 40% 3 pt shooter
Sit 1 play 2

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Not exactly a transfer and doubt Prohm takes a look with his legal troubles but will be interesting to see where he ends up, kids a good player.

6-5 230 lb guard.
11.4ppg 3.2 rpg 4.6 apg 40% 3 pt shooter
Sit 1 play 2

I want this kid just so Hawkeyes fans lose there minds. Unless what he did was bad. However, I simply love when Hawkeyes fans get mad at our transfers

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
@EvanDaniels Sophomore guard Paris Austin just received a release from Boise State, per a source. Averaged 12.3 PPG.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/170849/paris-austin

I assume he'd be sit one, play 2?

I wasn't familiar with Austin, couldn't immediately find BSU highlights, this is a high school reel: Look at the ball-handling, court vision and passing, impressive. It screams pure PG (and can score/shoot well, too). Not sure if ISU would be on his list or not, we'll see.