Better Call Saul

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Love it!!! Chuck proved what a prick he is to everyone in the court room. I also loved the "he defecated through sunroofs", the ole Chicago Sunroof, lol.

And the look on the Bar panel's faces after Chuck blows up is awesome.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
This was definitely one of those shows/episodes where even after the credits rolled at the end, I was still thinking about it. I'm definitely going to go back and watch on Hulu today at some point.

Reactions: keepngoal

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Did Jimmy prove that Chuck's disease is BS? I'm conflicted because there have been plenty of scenes in which Chuck was suffering the effects of electricity alone, with no one to be "acting" in front of. Is it all in his head?

I think last night proved (again) that much of Chuck's motivation in life is driven by his jealousy of Jimmy's position in their family.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Did Jimmy prove that Chuck's disease is BS? I'm conflicted because there have been plenty of scenes in which Chuck was suffering the effects of electricity alone, with no one to be "acting" in front of. Is it all in his head?

I think last night proved (again) that much of Chuck's motivation in life is driven by his jealousy of Jimmy's position in their family.

I think it plays that Chuck can 'act out anything' for his pleasure/needs. It removes credibility, almost all of it, and shows how much Chuck hates Jimmy. Yet is shows how much Jimmy loves Chuck and has helped him in the past (care giver), and how he wants him to feel good. Jimmy is gonna get a 'slap on the wrist' for this, and can't practice law as Jimmy McGill. Remember he admitted to felony charges. And enter in Saul Goodman.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I think it plays that Chuck can 'act out anything' for his pleasure/needs. It removes credibility, almost all of it, and shows how much Chuck hates Jimmy. Yet is shows how much Jimmy loves Chuck and has helped him in the past (care giver), and how he wants him to feel good. Jimmy is gonna get a 'slap on the wrist' for this, and can't practice law as Jimmy McGill. Remember he admitted to felony charges. And enter in Saul Goodman.
He made the story up...remember ;)

Reactions: keepngoal

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I think it paints Chuck in a couple different ways:

1) It implies his condition is in his head and triggered by his divorce, since it came about right after the divorce. The hidden battery proves that if Chuck didn't know the battery was in his pocket his mind can't tell him to be afraid of electricity.

2) It shows that Chuck is a good actor and can play it up to get what he wants.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I think it paints Chuck in a couple different ways:

1) It implies his condition is in his head and triggered by his divorce, since it came about right after the divorce. The hidden battery proves that if Chuck didn't know the battery was in his pocket his mind can't tell him to be afraid of electricity.

2) It shows that Chuck is a good actor and can play it up to get what he wants.

Yep, it proved that Chuck's condition is likely psychosomatic, as the doctor said. Chuck's earlier testimony that it causes physical pain, but he remains lucid was undercut by his rant triggered by the knowledge the battery was right over his heart. Jimmy can play up the angle that he had cause to be worried about Chuck's mental state and that is why he concocted the confession.

From previews, looks like this might get settled anyway. Howard talks Chuck into backing off if Jimmy agrees to not practice under the McGill name anymore.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Awesome episode, like "A Few Good Men" good. I really enjoy this show, and look forward to "binge" watching it again when it's done. I feel like I've missed a ton the first time through.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I must say as a huge fan of gangster/organized crime etc. and a veterinarian this connected vet in the show is a diety to me

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
This was definitely one of those shows/episodes where even after the credits rolled at the end, I was still thinking about it. I'm definitely going to go back and watch on Hulu today at some point.

Same here. I was so jacked up I couldn't fall asleep. Hadn't felt like that since ISU beat Nevada.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
No one has mentioned that Lydia from Breaking Bad made an appearance.

Also the previews for the next episode kind of hinted at Kim losing Mesa Verde.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
No one has mentioned that Lydia from Breaking Bad made an appearance.

Also the previews for the next episode kind of hinted at Kim losing Mesa Verde.

Do you think we'll get to see Todd in Middle School?
plemons2.jpg