RECRUITING: What does Re-al Mitchell's commitment mean for ISU?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Finally watched the highlight tape, and all you guys bagging on Mitchells because of his height are way off base. Sure he could be an inch or two taller, and then a step or two slower. The guy plays against elite talent and more often than not he makes them look silly when he runs. Love the way they guy throws the ball. Not only does he throw a nice pass, but you really can't tell who he is going to throw to until he does. Really does a great job of throwing the underneath passes as well as the long ones.

Who is the WR, #9 I think? That guy looks like he is great at getting separation. If he hasn't committed, he would be the first guy that Re-al should recruit.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Speaking of guys recruiting others, right now it looks like Sterling Galbin is doing a lot of it. I don't follow him (don't follow players), but I do follow people RTing Galbin. That kid seems to fit the staff very well. Active, and I like it.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Finally watched the highlight tape, and all you guys bagging on Mitchells because of his height are way off base. Sure he could be an inch or two taller, and then a step or two slower. The guy plays against elite talent and more often than not he makes them look silly when he runs. Love the way they guy throws the ball. Not only does he throw a nice pass, but you really can't tell who he is going to throw to until he does. Really does a great job of throwing the underneath passes as well as the long ones.

Who is the WR, #9 I think? That guy looks like he is great at getting separation. If he hasn't committed, he would be the first guy that Re-al should recruit.

His height doesn't concern me, I'm more leery of his slight build being able to take the grind of a big 12 season. That said, I think he's legit and seems to play very smart. His positives definitely outweigh the risk. He could be special in a few years.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa

I saw a few schools recently offered a few Other kids from his team, class of 19 tho. I think one was a WR. Prob him.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
tOSU has a commitment from an "ATH" on that team. Maybe that's the guy.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Dude has shades of Seneca Wallace in his game and people are unhappy?

No kidding. Completes passes while scrambling, can sit in the pocket and deliver on target, and can step up and make a run when needed. Looked like he was a "pass first" dual threat just like ol #15. Maybe he will trade his #11 for #15 when he gets here, either way it could be shades of 2001.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
His height doesn't concern me, I'm more leery of his slight build being able to take the grind of a big 12 season. That said, I think he's legit and seems to play very smart. His positives definitely outweigh the risk. He could be special in a few years.
Weight training will address your concerns long before he may hit the field. Kid looks like a player to me. Love getting kids from top successful programs.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
Guy could still hit a late growth spurt and gain a couple inches. Also probably won't see the playing field for at least 2 years giving S&C coaches plenty of time to put the weight on him.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Exactly. It's not like this is a Paul Rhoads era settle for a commitment. These guys know how to recruit and evaluate talent. If the staff wants to take this commitment this early, I trust that this is the guy they wanted from the start.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Exactly. It's not like this is a Paul Rhoads era settle for a commitment. These guys know how to recruit and evaluate talent. If the staff wants to take this commitment this early, I trust that this is the guy they wanted from the start.

Based on what I saw out of the freshman class that got on the field last year, I am also pretty convinced these guys know what we need to win. Just need a few more of them, and time to develop the lines.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
  • Informative
Reactions: CTTB78

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Mitchell hasn't even finished his junior year in high school. He is almost 6 ft. now. He could grow a bit taller and also fill out more as well. He has speed and he has a great arm. Adding QB talent. That is a good thing.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone