RECRUITING: Sterling Galban commits

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Just got a message from Sterling and he said he hasn't committed to Iowa State yet. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it hasn't yet, at least. I took the story down and will post any changes right here.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Sounds like Sterling wants to announce the news himself. This is one of the tough parts of covering recruiting. Stay tuned through the evening and the situation should be resolved.

Reactions: aauummm

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If Galban did commit, I really like that pickup. I love his videos. Very quick, runs great routes, and has great hands too IMO. Would be a great slot guy.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Sounds like Sterling wants to announce the news himself. This is one of the tough parts of covering recruiting. Stay tuned through the evening and the situation should be resolved.

So the young man actually had committed, but hasn't made it public yet that he has committed. He remains uncommitted in the eyes of the public, until he announces that he commuted.

Gotcha.:p

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So the coaches were excited and jumped the gun a bit or some minor miscommunication. Hard to keep anything secret these days.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Okay... how does word get out? If u was a commit id call the coach an tell no one else.